• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap Buttons

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still learning boostrap and am having trouble making some customized navigation bars. I am stuck on a few points.

I have a second navigation bar (in addition to the main navigation bar at the top of the page). I want to make 1) three sets of buttons (rows) with  2) a main button for each row (with subbuttons) and the titles are of various lengths. I want to be able to 3) make all the buttonst the same size. How can I do this?

Also, 4) The text on my main nav bar buttons are all white but for some reason the text on this second group of buttons comes out black. I can't seem to figure out how to make this text white also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Bootstrap is all about the CSS classes you add to elements.  And I highly recommend spending a weekend learning what the various Bootstrap classes do.   Otherwise, you'll be lost.

Navbar default = dark text on light background

Navbar inverse = light text on dark background.

Bootstrap 4 navbars also support contextual color classes (basic, default, primary, success, info, warning, danger, link)

A Navbar that collapses into a hamburger icon on mobile devices is for primary navigation only.  A 2nd nav

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is too vague to provide an answer. You mght have to post some code as to what you have so far explaining what you want where and what colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bootstrap is all about the CSS classes you add to elements.  And I highly recommend spending a weekend learning what the various Bootstrap classes do.   Otherwise, you'll be lost.

Navbar default = dark text on light background

Navbar inverse = light text on dark background.

Bootstrap 4 navbars also support contextual color classes (basic, default, primary, success, info, warning, danger, link)

A Navbar that collapses into a hamburger icon on mobile devices is for primary navigation only.  A 2nd navbar is usually unnecessary and could pose a problem on mobile devices.  

If you really need a 2nd set of links, use Bootstrap Buttons, Tabs or Pills instead of navbars.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As osgood_​ has stated, the question is too broad which has prompted a broad response from Nancy OShea​. I would like to add to that by giving you a link to W3Schools, specifically the part that mentions navigtion bars: Bootstrap 4 Navigation Bar

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines