• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver is tanking... very frustrated...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys messed up perfectly good software when you pushed everything into the cloud. 

1. Code integrity is gone. I cannot trust Dreamweaver with my code. Your collapse cache gets corrupted randomly and entire blocks of code can disappear or be overwritten.
  2. I just had the issue of Dreamweaver showing upload complete without the upload actually completing, and no matter how many different approaches I would throw at it, I only managed to get it to work once, and it just continued to show false positives after that. I had to close the software.
  3. The file directory interface can drag and files around after the completion of a rename action, or some similar function. I cannot remember, but you guys will have to find that issue.
  4. I often get a remote file mismatch message that will not go away unless I reopen the software.
  5. There is more, but I don't have time for this right now... no... one more... The collapse cache is horribly full of issues. Pages often open up jumbled and don't allow the opening of some of the collapsed code unless you find another workaround.

The unreliability of Dreamweaver is increasing with time, not getting better. What the hell are you guys doing?

Fix these issues and then maybe you can add wrapping snippets back, and make it possible to do an entire code collapse on one button click.

I don't care to be contacted about this. I just want things working as they should. Does Adobe care about what their customers think, or is Adobe just too big now?

TOPICS
Code , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Preaching to the choir I'm afraid. This is a user to user forum, we don't see anyone from the development team here and very few Adobe reps at all aside from the community/forum managers.

If you want to report bugs, that needs to be done at the Uservoice forum: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs where people who can make a difference will see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preaching to the choir I'm afraid. This is a user to user forum, we don't see anyone from the development team here and very few Adobe reps at all aside from the community/forum managers.

If you want to report bugs, that needs to be done at the Uservoice forum: https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/382851-adobe-dreamweaver-bugs where people who can make a difference will see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these issues do exists. I also posted the following:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-is-tanking-very-frustrated/m-p/10868739#M5737...

Are you having any of these issues as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what... I don't even use anything other than the editor, snippets, search and file transfer. The foundational functionality of this software has to be fixed. So very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don't you join the pre-release program?  As Jon said, this user-to-user forum is for product questions, not bug and feature requests. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines