• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP error - cannot connect to host GoDaddy

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pulling my last gray hairs! Every time there's a CC update there's trouble. I used Dreamweaver CC 2017 just a couple of months ago, made changes and uploaded via FTP no problem! For the last week I've been trying to connect and am at wits end! Was on phone with GoDaddy... could not resolve it. I could not find answers in Adobe forum. Tried to find an Adobe phone contact - no success. I checked host address, added a new user, uploaded and tried FileZilla, Quit and restarted DW and still nothing. Can someone please hold my hand or give me clear direction on how I can connect to GoDaddy host via FTP on Dreamweaver?? I am not a programmer but I can follow step-by-step directions...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Yes, tried Filezilla and everything else I could think of until we called GoDaddy AGAIN and lo and behold (eyes rolling), whatever the problem was, it was at their end... after having been told initially by another rep that they could do nothing else to make it work. In the end, it connected. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you connect to your remote server with a dedicated FTP client like Filezilla?

FileZilla - The free FTP solution

If not, the problem is somewhere other than DW -- perhaps your computer's OS, firewall or anti-virus is blocking the connection.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct in that it wasn't DW... it was server/host GoDaddy (shocking)! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulz64879687  wrote

it was server/host GoDaddy (shocking)!

Shocking they stay in business.  Not shocking it happened.   It happens a lot.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first line of defence by most large companies......... 'Nothing to do with us"...........until you happen upon the one person in the company that is holding it all together and knows what they are doing.

Unfortunately it happens all too frequently these days, generally no-one gives a toss any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's more a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulz64879687  wrote

I'm pulling my last gray hairs! Every time there's a CC update there's trouble. I used Dreamweaver CC 2017 just a couple of months ago, made changes and uploaded via FTP no problem! For the last week I've been trying to connect and am at wits end! Was on phone with GoDaddy... could not resolve it. I could not find answers in Adobe forum. Tried to find an Adobe phone contact - no success. I checked host address, added a new user, uploaded and tried FileZilla, Quit and restarted DW and still nothing. Can someone please hold my hand or give me clear direction on how I can connect to GoDaddy host via FTP on Dreamweaver?? I am not a programmer but I can follow step-by-step directions...

Are you saying you tried Filezilla and it didn't work there either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried Filezilla and everything else I could think of until we called GoDaddy AGAIN and lo and behold (eyes rolling), whatever the problem was, it was at their end... after having been told initially by another rep that they could do nothing else to make it work. In the end, it connected. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, on your suggestion I called GoDaddy and we found the problem. There's a mistake in their configuration info: The FTP SERVER is just the domain and NOT as is writtes ftp.domain so if you remove "ftp." form server name it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the perfect solution.........thanksa ton for providing clarity in your resolution than giving vague blame on their customer support etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines