• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only happens with Dreamweaver???

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a site and keep running into this issue. When I upload to the host (GoDaddy) this random extra text gets added. I am at a loss as to why this happens.

Here is what I am uploading:

image.png

But..

this is what ends up on the site

image.png

I have no idea what is happening any advice is appreciated 

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that you are viewing the live code (the one used by DW to render content in live view mode) and not the HTML code of the page itself
so the one that is transferred seems to be correct, the other is only the one generated by DW internally in order to allow both visualization and editing in real time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I only did that because it was giving me an error when I used a screenshot right from dreamweaver. 

This is the exact code I am uploading opened in VS Code

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your code in Brackets or some other plain text editor. 

What do you see?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Same code as DW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all look the same to me, DW, VS Code, Brackets, apart from the very first screen shot which as has already been pointed out is something DW injects into your code for live viewing. That however won't get transfered to your server along with the page. So what exactly is it that is incorrect with your code, disregarding the injected code, which only gets used inside DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the site and view the page source http://healingthefray.com/ it is adding a duplicate closing tab and a random text. 

Scroll to the bottom to view the text.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="now-ui-kit-pro-v1.3.0/assets/img/apple-icon.png" />
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1" />
<title>Healing The Fray | Music</title>
<meta name="description" content="Jeff Sandoval and Mike Araiza proudly present the evolution of their art as a exciting new lifestyle brand. Please join them as they launch Healing The Fray a new century approach on a timeless form of expression and music!">
<meta name="author" content="author">
<meta content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0, shrink-to-fit=no"
    name="viewport" />
<!--     Fonts and icons     -->
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:400,700,200|Open+Sans+Condensed:700"
    rel="stylesheet" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.7.1/css/all.css"
    integrity="sha384-fnmOCqbTlWIlj8LyTjo7mOUStjsKC4pOpQbqyi7RrhN7udi9RwhKkMHpvLbHG9Sr" crossorigin="anonymous" />
<!-- CSS Files -->
<link href="now-ui-kit-pro-v1.3.0/assets/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="now-ui-kit-pro-v1.3.0/assets/css/now-ui-kit.css?v=1.3.0" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />
</head>
stom.css" rel="stylesheet" />
</head>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix your code errors.

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fhealingthefray.com%2F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue 4-5 is the problem. I am not sure what is happening on the transfer because my source code does not have the extra closing head tag.

Line23, 24 do not exist in my code.

image.png

This is exactly what I am uploading to the server.

image.png

It is adding things to my code that I have no explanation for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Flash!  This has nothing to do with Dreamweaver.  Your host is adding extra code to your site and corrupting it. Just one more reason to stay away from GoDaddy hosting.   I don't know if this is caused by domain name forwarding or some widget they tack on to low cost hosting plans.  At any rate, you must contact GoDaddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think we have been there before, in the past, with this hosting company, or maybe another with a similar reputation, if my memory serves me correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I hate GoDaddy but that's what the client has 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no fan of GD, they often caused problems and blamed me for them while I was a customer, only to find out there was some server setting, completely under their control, that was the root of my issue.

This one is a little weird though. Is it just duplicating the partial css link and ending </head> tag, or is there more being fouled on upload?

Have you tried any other FTP applications, like the free Filezilla Client, for example?

If the same thing happens on upload there, it would point to GoDaddy having something borked on the server. If it transfers without issue, at least you could get your work uploaded while troubleshooting continues in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that actually works fine and Dreamweaver works too if I delete the site definition and recreate a new site. It only works for a few uploads though. Very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you scanned your entire system for malware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This morning. It happens with my home computer as well. I can upload fine for 10 or so changes and uploads then it somehow gets corrupt and I have to delete the site definition and make a new site and re set up the server info. Now I am in the early stages of being a developer it's very possible I am doing something, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines