Highlighted

Real Time Preview doesn't work

Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all started when Real Time preview appeared in Dreamweaver CC 2017 last year and it hasn't been working right since then.

Very often when I try to preview page in a browser I'm getting this problem:

and nothing sorts it out unless I close the browser and Dreamweaver and restart them, which is very frustrating.

And yes, the page is opened in Dreamweaver despite the error above...

Any ideas?

I verified this as a bug, Adobe PLEASE fix it. Temporarily it can be solved like this:

"If you choose live preview from the bottom right corner it works"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Real Time Preview doesn't work

Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all started when Real Time preview appeared in Dreamweaver CC 2017 last year and it hasn't been working right since then.

Very often when I try to preview page in a browser I'm getting this problem:

and nothing sorts it out unless I close the browser and Dreamweaver and restart them, which is very frustrating.

And yes, the page is opened in Dreamweaver despite the error above...

Any ideas?

I verified this as a bug, Adobe PLEASE fix it. Temporarily it can be solved like this:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to follow links on your page?  If yes, don't use Real-Time Preview.

Instead, use right-click, Open in Browser.

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

5 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm just trying to preview the page in a web browser.

What's the point of having this feature if it doesn't work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real-Time Preview is supposed to work.  It works for me, although I prefer not to use it with my local testing server.  

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this issue intermittent or you are seeing this consistently on your machine? We have been trying to reproduce and fix it in-house but since it is intermittent we have been been struggling to corner the cause. Please help us with the following details-

1. On which platform and Dw version are you seeing the issue?

2. Is there any specific file on which the issue occurs?

3. Were you in CodeView/Split/Live/Design when you saw this?

4. In which workspace were you working?

5. Which browser are you using?

6. Are there any specific workflow steps in which you see the issue?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me also.

Or to be more precise I was constantly unable to run the live preview mode. I was always seeing this message no matter what I did. I've tried the same approach at my colleagues PC and everything was super okay. Don't actually know what could cause this and I'm unable to tell you any more useful information as my PC is relatively normal. I'm running a corporate notebook Lenovo T470p with Windows 10 Pro. I don't have admin rights (these have our admins). We are connected to the company network and that was my first thought where the problem could be. That it has problems with (e.g.) "http://127.0.0.1:62393/", that certain amount of ports are not accessible. But after trying to ask several colleagues I found out that I was the only one dealing with this kind of problem. I'm running the latest version of Dreamweaver for Windows. Every driver is up-to-date, everything seems to be okay. I was forced to use other ways how to preview the web page but these weren't that comfy as the live preview unfortunately.

One other day I realized that my colleague has every of his web page located (or set in Dreamweaver) in the C drive. I have my web pages on the D drive. I've tried to copy my web to the Desktop (located on the C drive) and suddenly after setting a new webpage in the settings of Dreamweaver the live preview started to work and the error message was no more. And more over when I've opened the web page on the D disc again it suddenly works. This is a real mystery for me and I don't believe it will last long. For now at least I have a way to make it work... may be.

So from my side to answer your question:

1. answered above
  2. no, it could be whatever, for example newly created HTML5 "*.html" file.
  3. it happens after running the live preview in a browser and it does not depend on what type of view I currently have. I've tried all of them and even switched to the Developer mode.
  4. don't really know what is meant by this. There can be more things related to namespaces. But I think it could be "no workspace" even.
  5. tried several ones, assigning them as default, nothing worked. It doesn't depend on the kind of browser I used.
  6. Not really. Create new web in web settings, create new HTML file, hitting F12 and seeing this error message in the newly opened browser window.

Regards

Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was a very short success. Now it just continuously fails and I constantly see the damn error message Cannot solve it what ever I do. Very dissappointed with the Dreamweaver. I have a complete CC package, I'm paying for Adobe services and this is what I get.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find if I right click the tab and 'Preview in Browser' it works ok and afterwards F12 works too.  If I go straight for F12 I get the black, device error page.

Odd?!?

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me if I right click the tab. The other solutions DO NOT WORK. I am just happy to get it to work though, so I will take what I can get. Would be nice of course to make it work via the menu. Thanks - vh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking the live preview from the button does not work for me when I have multiple tabs open. It attempts to load the page that is in the first tab and half the time I'll get the black page the other half the page that is in the first tab loads.

Dreamweaver CC 18.1 10155 Build
Split View
Standard Workspace
Browser Chrome

Version: 1709
Build: 16299.309

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, this is annoying. I had to use preview by going to the bottom right. Why isn't this fixed yet?  As expensive as adobe is!

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group