• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use Fireworks after Windows 11 upgrade - license issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer and it has Windows 11. I tried loading Fireworks, but like everyone else, I got the issue with serial numbers. I had to basically uninstall Creative Suite, log out and log back in. Ridiculous.

That got me past the first issue. Now I have a new issue.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 083514.png

I am only signed into 2 computers. But I humor them and choose to have them sign me out. Then I get an error that says my operating system is out of date and needs to be upgraded before I can do anything!

I'm on the latest version I can possibly be on. So has anyone else successfully installed Fireworks on Windows 11?

If so, how!

Thanks for any help!

(PS, option 2 just brings me back to this same screen)

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

This is a Windows 11 solution for the 'Limit Reached' issue :

1) Download the Adobe Creative Clouder Cleaner Tool from here

2) Remove Fireworks by running the cleaner tool (run as administrator) => select language => agree to terms type'Y' => select 1. All => 2. Adobe Fireworks CS6

3) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\ and rename or delete the folder 'PDApp'

4) Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ and rename or delete the folder 'CS6ServiceManager'

5) Now open the Cr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging in here: https://account.adobe.com

Then go to Activated Devices: https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices

You should then be able to deactivate any devices not in use.

activated_devices.jpg

I'm on Windows 11 and not experiencing the same isssue, I know that's no help to you, but at least we know it is workable.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul for trying to help. Good to know it works somewhere. I did deactivate all of my computers and reestablished. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I'll keep trying. Maybe I have something else interfering.

Thanks,

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only other thing I can suggest at this point Drew is trying to do a complete Adobe cleanup and starting again using the cleaner tool ... I would definately look at installing Fireworks with an offline installer instead of using the Creative Cloud app. You can download an offlline installer from here, read the instructions before downloading, as you need to access this page first and login with your Adobe credentials to set an Adobe cookie before downloading, they are links to official Adobe installers, so safe to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also now having this issue with Fireworks CS6 thinking there needs to be an update.  I just purchased a new PC that came with Windows 11.  I have deactivated the old computer in the account.abode.com/activated-devices website and it now only lists the one new Windows 11 PC there.

Yet when I run Fireworks CS6, it brings up the exact same window above... stating I've already activated it on two PCs.  When you select option 1 (Sign me out), you get the "You're not updated" dialog that says you need to update your browser first... and when you select option 2 (I've already signed out), it just flashes and brings up the same 2 choices.

I've clicked Managed Activated Devices, which just takes you to the https://account.adobe.com/plans webpage.

I've tried signing out and back in of the Creative Cloud app with my Adobe ID.  I've run the Adobe Cleaner app and cleaned Fireworks CS6 off.  I've uninstalled Fireworks CS6 thru Creative Cloud and downloaded the offline installer and put it on that way.  I've also tried the registry values that Adobe suggests we add to fix the "your browser isn't up to date" prompt.  Nothing has worked.

The only thing I can think of is Adobe has hard coded the licensing to work ONLY with Internet Explorer 11... and discontinued browser as of Windows 11.  Microsoft Edge is what Windows 11 includes... and it's built on Chromium (the same foundation as Google's Chrome browser.)  So Adobe's licensing is probably mis-detecting Edge as Chrome and crashing itself out thinking it's out of date.  But if this is the case, then only Adobe can fix this issue with a new patch.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what @Paul-M said, the idea of the cleaner tool should allow you to solve your problem.

However, if this is not the case, there is no harm in manually removing the Fireworks preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/fireworks/kb/restore-preferences-fireworks-cs5.html .

You can also try by disconnecting and reconnecting your account from CC Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the cleaner tool didn't.  It does clean off Fireworks, but after re-install... you're right back to "You're licensed on 2 computers already" (when I'm literally only licensed to 1) and "You're not updated" (when I'm running Windows 11) ... both of which block your access to the application. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JmanPHXaz,

The online deactivation of devices only works with Creative Cloud plans

If you're running pre-Creative Cloud legacy-ware, you'll need to call Adobe Support and ask for an activation count reset.   But FW has been unsupported for 10 years so they can't help you with anything more than that. 

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Due to staff shortages related to omicron, wait times may be longer than normal.  Be patient.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy-

I'll try that... but I am on a Creative Cloud plan with Fireworks CS6... so I would think the automated system would take care of that, but maybe not?  I did originally own CS5 and CS5.5 prior to upgrading to the Cloud, and have changed computers a couple times without incident.... so I don't think that's it.  But will definitely try. 🙂  I'll post to the group here with the results afterward.

-Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're receiving "activation count exceeded" errors, that means you need an activation count reset or you must disable the old devices if you still have access to them. 

Creative Cloud allows you to install and activate on only 2 devices at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy and Everyone,

I am also in the same boat here.  Have been on chat with Adobe Support for the past two+ hours--and routed to three different people. Frustrating.

The customer service chat person with whom I am writing with right now says that: "...there is only Creative Cloud Suite, and activation count reset is not supported on Creative Cloud Suite and end of life products."  

So Nancy (or anyone)--do you have any suggestions on how I can get this fixed...  would be very grateful, to say the least. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jennifer22554052wwoq,

Keeping in mind that legacy Fireworks is not officially certified to run on Win 11, you can try the Adobe Cleaner Tool to wipe all Adobe apps off your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Restart your computer & log-in to CC with your paid ALL Apps plan ID and password.

Re-install Creative Cloud Desktop App, followed by your other CC apps.  Be sure to check the box in your Preference > Settings to "Show Older Apps."

Hopefully Creative Cloud will update and give you access to legacy Fireworks.  Fingers crossed...   Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can install it just fine... it's when it comes time to authorize it that we run into "You've installed this on two computers already" and it won't let us past it.  When we select an option from the choices we get the following...

Select option 1. "Sign me out of other computers so I can sign in here" - a new box pops up that says our browser is not up to date and to update that before proceeding.
Select option 2. "I've already signed out." - Choosing this just flashes the exact same box back up and doesn't let you proceed.

I too called Adobe Support as per your earlier suggestion, Nancy, and they said there was no other activation count separate from the Creative Cloud subscription package, and that I could reset that count thru the Adobe website.  Since I'd already done that, they verified that my Creative Cloud subscription is only licensed to one PC... the one I'm currently on.  Yet Fireworks continues to report I'm using it on 2 PCs.  That's when the conversation ended because they don't support Fireworks anymore... so I guess we've finally reached the end of the road for Fireworks.

It's really a pity... because it was a great hybrid between the vector world of Illustrator, yet had the tools from the bitmap world of Photoshop such as the magic wand.  Illustrator is what I've had to switch to, but I'm already missing a LOT of the features from Fireworks.  Illustration and Photoshop are just behemoths and clunky compared to the lighter-weight Fireworks.  Case in point... just try to do an italicized text block in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Fireworks is probably looking for legacy Internet Explorer browser which has since been replaced by MS Edge.  

To connect to Adobe's servers, you must have TLS 1.2 connections enabled in your browser. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the problem. But there is a workaround. 

Go to Microsoft Edge. In the upper right hand corner, click the three dots (...) and choose Settings.

SOLUTION: On the sidebar of Settings choose Default Browser.

On the right next to "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode" use the dropdown to "Allow"

Reboot. Then your Fireworks license will probably be out of Trial, but just click to get license and if you are signed in, it will work.

Thanks to everyone for working through this. Hopefully this will work for a while. I'd hate to lose this program. It is exactly all I need and SO easy to use.

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, that didn't work either.
As first I tried the second option "I've already signed out" but that still just takes you to the exact same screen.  Then I tried "Sign me out of the other computers" instead. Although it did sit there for a while on a screen with some squares blinking on and off like it was loading something, it still landed on the "Update required" screen. 😞

Since it doesn't actually load a browser window, there's no way to tell it to try to reload as Internet Explorer.  So I'm still broken. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I guess it was just a temporary fix. It isn't working anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get Fireworks CS6 to work after upgrading to Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Fireworks on Windows 11 and never had an issue .... I would suggest in the first instance completely remove Fireworks and try installing with an offline installer instead of via the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - I've tried to uninstall Fireworks and the Creative Cloud apps and then reinstall.
I tried a manual install of Fireworks as well.  Same issue.

Strangely, I had it working for months.  I'm not sure what kicked me into this state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what kicked me into this state.

By @Navid5CB9

=========

When did you upgrade to Win 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This computer came with Win11.  

Note: To see if this affected other products, it did.  Muse has the same issue when launched from the Cloud app.

just now: 
I logged out of Creative Cloud.  

Then I manually installed Fireworks using the installer sign in (not the Cloud app) I was able to have it send me a text message and license this.  I have Fireworks open and all is fine.  

Then I close Fireworks and open it again, and the dreaded Limit Reached dialog comes up and I'm hosed again.

I figure we have one time use via installation and then that's it.

Can you find us a hard key license code perhaps that will prevent this entire process by circumventing the Adobe sign in process.

You could provide the key to us and save a lot of $ trying to debug this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be the first option here.

msedge_Z4JxXfTvFb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you find us a hard key license code perhaps that will prevent this entire process by circumventing the Adobe sign in process.  You could provide the key to us and save a lot of $ trying to debug this.

==========

No.  There are no Adobe employees here.  Fireworks was discontinued in 2012.  There is no support of any kind for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging out in the  Creative cloud app? Close Fireworks, launch Creative Cloud app => sign out. Relaunch Fireworks => sign in

Also try installing Fireworks with an offline installer from here, for some weird reason I can't explain it solved the issue for me (may or may not have been a coincidence).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines