Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks stuck as expired trial - tried a few things already

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As several users have already reported, my copy of Fireworks is also stuck in an expired trial state.

For reference I hold a full creative cloud license (all apps).

Here are all the things I have tried:

- Uninstall Fireworks, reboot, re-install (no effect)

- Adobe Cleaner Tool (wiped everything, no luck)

- Deleted all Adobe registry entrys (no effect)

- Tried setting "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe" to start as administrator (caused Fireworks to fail to open every time)

- Tried what Paul-M suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/fireworks/fireworks-is-asking-for-a-quot-serial-number-quot/m-p/12095... and that prompted me to log in with my adobe ID, however it again asked for a serial number after clicking "License this software".

I rely on Fireworks and this problem is causing lost time in the office. Appreciate that this is discontinued software (despite it still being offered in CC). Is there anything else that could be done to fix this problem?

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

One of these two solutions will work for Windows users (tested on Windows 10 and Windows 11):

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Fireworks as an adminstrator?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not normally. I tried running it as an administrator and got the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that I've tried automatically and manually fixing the host file as documented here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

However, the problem still persists. There must be a file stored somewhere deep in the registry or elsewhere in the system which tracks how long the trial period has lasted for. I've done a quick registry search but couldn't find anything that specifically mentioned a Fireworks trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,
I have the same problem and tried the same solutions, nothing seems to work.
The problem doesn't seem to be a problem with the connections to the Adobe-server but with the server it self.

After starting FireWorks I need to sign in and then it keeps asking for a serial number.
I found my Adobe serial-number in my account at:
https://account.adobe.com/products

But, when I use this serial number, it sais it is not a valid serial number.
Please advice.

Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly encountered the same problem this week. After having tried all the things you suggested I found my solution here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/fireworks-discussions/fireworks-trial-notice/m-p/12165876/page/2
Someone suggested to install Muse, an also deprecated app from Adobe (which I never heard of before).
After I installed Mused, my trial nag screen disappeared from Foreworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of these two solutions will work for Windows users (tested on Windows 10 and Windows 11):

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fireworks from your machine

2) Rename the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE to OOBE_BK

3) Download an offline Fireworks installer from here (these are official Adobe installers), be sure to visit this page first and sign in with your Adobe login to set an Adobe cookie, otherwise the download will not work.

4) Now install Fireworks with the offline installer you downloaded

5) Make sure you turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app (in preferences=>apps) afterwards, otherwise it will update Fireworks and you may get the same issue again.

6) See if Fireworks will now launch, if presented with a 'license this software' button click it.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I am now one of the unfortunate users in exactly the same situation. I have a full "all apps" creative cloud subscription. The only CC apps I use are Fireworks, Illustrator and Photoshop. Fireworks worked fine until recently. I am now stuck on the "expired trial" loop, and neither of the above solutions work for me. I've also tried the cleaner tool; I've tried contacting Adobe support to absolutely no avail ... after being transferred six times to different consultants the ultimate answer was that they can't help me and that I should post on this forum for assistance.

I have been a paying Adobe customer for over a decade, now this. Are there _any_ other solutions that may help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IanvdH does the dialog box physically ask you for a serial number, or simply inform you that your 30-day trial period is about to begin?

If it's a trial period, have you tried clicking on the I have a serial number button, which will actually ask you to log in to your CC account, then at most send you a confirmation SMS, and then validate your authentication key ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lena.

As you'll see in the attached screenshots - my "trial" has expired. It did so over 10 years ago when I first subscribed to the Creative Cloud plan. My issue started after I downgraded to the "Photography plan" for a day, then changed my plan back to the All Apps 100Gb. I made the mistake of opening Fireworks when I was on the lower plan.

I have run the cleaner tool, uninstalled, re-installed, installed Muse CC, uninstalled and installed via the offline installer. Basically all the guides and/or solutions I could find online, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry @IanvdH ,  I apologize for the delay, but the message had actually slipped through the cracks.

Well, if I understand correctly, after :

• Uninstall Fw
  • Clean uninstall
  • Download Fw from CC space
  • install Fw
  • Close and relaunch CC application

Once you've launched Fw, you'll get a dialog box asking you to present your serial number? Am I correct ?

I'm afraid this is an isolated scenario, to say the least, as there's usually always a button pointing to a CC-specific authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines