• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial Number for Adobe Fireworks CS6

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it seems I have to enter a Serial number to access Adobe Fireworks CS6.  I have a monthly Creative Cloud Subscription but just today, I can no longer access Fireworks.

Do I need a serial number or is there another way to open Fireworks?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

This is for all the people that have an active Full or or Student/Teacher Creative Cloud subscription. There has been an ongoing issue with Fireworks asking for a serial and running in trial mode, despite the user having a legitimate Creative Cloud subscription. It looks like Adobe have fixed this issue recently although there has been no official announcement (to my knowledge).

Before doing the following reverse any workarounds you already have set up/tried, for example remove the 'run this p

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

I, too, had to install Muse (why?) to get into Fireworks CS6. My employer is an Adobe VIP and, after getting nowhere with Adobe chat support and getting nowhere with the email support, I got an email with the Muse solution from an Adobe Enterprise Support Team member. Here are the instructions:

Please follow the below instructions-

• Sign out from CCD and Quit it
  • Relaunch CCD and Sign in
  • Launch Fireworks CS/ Flash Builder
    • If you get the licensing windows, please click ā€œLicense This Softwareā€
    • Click Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are on Windows 10? ....It seems some people are having problems with CS6 products wih the latest Windows 10 update. I would contact Adobe support in the first instance and register your complaint, whther they'll actually do anything about this issue is another matter .....

In the first instance remove the latest Windows 10 update as a temporary fix...

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would bet donuts to donut holes that Adobe support won't help you because FW is a discontinued product. 

Before you remove the Windows updates, try this first. 

1. Update CC desktop app.

2. Failing that, uninstall your current version of FW from CC desktop app by clicking on the 3 dots icon.

3. Log-out of Creative Cloud.  Avatar > Preferences > Sign-out.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Log-in to CC and get a fresh install of FW from your CC desktop app. If you don't see it listed, check preferences to ensure Show Older Apps box is checked.

6. Right-click to run as admin. 

7. If prompted for serial number, click License this... link and enter your CC ID & password.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try this please as I think this is an issue with the Adobe Application Manager and the latest Windows 10 update:

1) Locate this file : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe

2) Right click and choose the compatability tab => click the 'compatability troubleshooter' button

comp_trouble.png

3) Next click => 'try recommended settings'

4)  Next click => 'test the program' (Creative Cloud app will launch, so minimize it)

5) Click => Next, then click => 'yes save these settings for this program'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this didn't fix it.  I am also experiencing the "Provide a serial number" bug with Fireworks CS6, but mine is after a fresh installation of Windows 10 and Adobe Creative Cloud.  I tried the "compatibility troubleshooter" fix from Paul-M here but it still is prompting for a Serial Number when I attempt to license Fireworks CS6.  Any other suggestions?

-JonS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am experiencing the same issue and can also confirm that this method launched an updater that showed 2 updates (one about 100mb for Fireworks CS6 and the other for the extension manager), but even after completing the updates and trying again, Fireworks is still prompting for a product key after signing in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from ideal but as a temporary solution you could  uninstall the Windows 20H2 update, follow these instructions:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul, I successfully uninstalled that update and restarted my computer but still had no success with Fireworks, including signing in/out of CC again. Have I missed a related step with that update removal above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be a good idea to uninstall and do a clean re-install of Fireworks  after removing the Windows Update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately still no success after that. I saw another post on these forums (may have even been by yourself) that mentioned installing CC Muse - doing so and running through a first launch of that app allows me to launch Fireworks properly, greeting me with a "Last trial launch" window. For now, I can deal with having to uninstall both apps, reinstall Muse, activate it and then run Fireworks just to get one more launch out of it until hopefully whatever is happening here is resolved (speaks for how far I'm willing to go for an app that ticks boxes like Fireworks does, shame they killed it.)

Thanks again for your help Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Muse solutions wasn't me, but I did see the post . I'm sceptical it will work, but I suppose at this point its worth a try if you are running out of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another last resort solution - but I'm assuming you could install Fireworks on a VM with an older version of Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running Windows Compatability Troubleshooter on the Fireworks.exe ? Try that first and see if the automatic compatability settings fix the issue, if they don't try some manual settings like compatability mode for windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this hasn't worked for me either.  I've tried running the compatibility troubleshooter on the Fireworks.exe and the PDapp.exe files, sending them both "manually" back to Windows Vista with no success.  Upon launch of Fireworks CS6, the "trial" warning still pops up giving me the option to "License the Software" which takes me to the Sign-In screen for my Adobe(Creative Cloud) ID.  Clicking "Sign In" takes you to the dreaded "Provide a serial number" screen... with no way out but back.

What's even worse is I do not have the option to uninstall the Windows 20H2 update you mentioned... because mine is a fresh installation of Windows 10 that already has that update integrated into the OS from the start, apparently.  The only update I can uninstall is the 21H1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try the following:

Locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe

Right click => compatibility tab => Check the 'run this program as an adminstrator' checkbox => click the 'OK' button

For good measure do a system restart.

run_as_admin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS!  Fireworks CS6 just opened up and DID NOT ask for me to license the software.

Ok, for those just joining us... here's a summary of what I've done, thanks to Paul's guidance...

1. Locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe
2. Right Click => Properties => Compatibility Tab

3. Check the box "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for:" and select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down.
4. Check the box "Run this program as an administrator".
5. Click OK.

PDApp.jpg

Do the same thing for the Fireworks.exe...
1. Locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS6\Fireworks.exe

2. Right Click => Properties => Compatibility Tab

3. Check the box "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for:" and select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down.
4. Check the box "Run this program as an administrator".
5. Click OK.

Finally... restart your computer for good measure.  When it comes back up, try to run Fireworks CS6 normally.  For me, there was no more dialog box asking for me to license the software at all.

Thanks, Paul, for your guidance and suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this hasn't worked for me either, Fireworks still prompting for a product key šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something weird, whether it is specific to me I don't know, I've been through so many different scenarios and this is what I noticed:

If I make sure PDapp.exe is run as an administrtor and also run Fireworks as an administrator I get the trial nag screen asking for serial if I click license this software.

However, if I run PDapp.exe as an administrator and run Fireworks normally i.e. NOT as an administrator, the nag screen goes away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!
This appears o have worked for me too.

Set PDapp.exe to winVista Serveice pack 2 comaptability and run as
administrator.
Set FireWorks.exe to winVista Serveice pack 2 comaptability and run as
administrator Not Checked.

When I set both of these to 'Run as Administrator' I was still geting
the nag.

This has now worked on 2 machines.

I have one more big test wherw I have lost complete use of Fireworks on
my office machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct - Great news ... I'll write up a summary of the fix again, as this thread might be a bit confusing to anyone looking for a solution, as we've been going back and forth through a process of elimination to find the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't say this has worked for me. I was getting the nag screen if I had "run as administrator" for both of those .exes, but as soon as I unchecked it for Fireworks.exe the app refuses to launch (seemingly closes immediately and shows the "did this app run correctly?" compatibility dialog. I am still having to uninstall and reinstall Muse, accept the activation dialog there and then Fireworks gives me one more launch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have simply done this in the end:

Run PDapp.exe as an adminstrator

Make sure Fireworks is NOT run as an administrator

I don't think any other compatability settings are required....

Fireworks is running perfectly for me with no nag screen under this scenario...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this seems to work perfectly.

Run PDapp.exe as an adminstrator

Make sure Fireworks is NOT run as an administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this has something to do with the PDapp.exe using Flash (the swf file)? And that in the latest Windows 10 update Flash is completely unsupported?

"Microsoft will start fully removing Adobe Flash from Windows 10 this summer. The Windows 10 ā€œUpdate for Removal of Adobe Flash Player,ā€ which permanently removes Flash as a component of the operating system, will become mandatory starting in July. Updating to Windows 10 version 21H1, expected to start rolling out this month, will also remove the software." (Microsoft to fully remove Adobe Flash from Windows 10 in July - The Verge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the SWF file in the same folder as PDapp.exe ...  made no difference on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines