• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot get rid of "Adobe Flash Player SETTINGS" pop-up? - unable to write local shared object on Firefox

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a weird one......(at least, for me!)

I go to play 8-ball pool online in the Firefox brower at www.miniclip.com. My specs are:

Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosimite

Firefox for Mac v. 64

Adobe Flash Player 31.0 NPAPI

((I also have Chrome v. 71.0 which runs Adobe Flash Player PPAPI))

I played pool happily on the site for many years, but a few months back, I began to get this window every time I tried to boot the game:

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.19.27 PM.jpg

Of course, this window freezes out the screen and prevents me from doing anything other than restarting teh page, but then it happens again - - endless loop. and no amount of re-setting, re-installing, etc. will get rid of it?!

For no reason I know, it went away about 2 months ago, but now it's back and is locking me out of the site.

BTW, this only happens on Firefox - - I can go to the site on Safari or Chrome without problems....

[moderator: edited title]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS10.14, Firefox 64.0, flash 32.0

I have this same problem streaming live football games from Xfinity.  It just started a few days ago, and is a problem with Safari as well as Firefox.  I checked the storage in "locations permissions", as recommended by Adobe when others had this issue, and there already was up to 1 GB allocated to any site requesting permission. So I uninstalled and then reinstalled Flash, and I have the same problem.  I think this started when I updated to the latest version of flash. How can I install the prior version of flash, or how else can I fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because we need to determine that the dialog is visible and unobscured.  Because we're running in the context of a plug-in inside of a webpage with other stuff on the screen, that becomes a tricky problem.  What we do is basically to take a screenshot of the area where the dialog should be, and we compare it with what we expect to be there.  If they match, great.  If they don't, we ignore the click.

This is all fine and good, but if the dialog pops up over moving content like video or gameplay, then the pixels at the edge of the dialog are constantly moving, and can cause a false-positive.  Because it's a sensitive dialog, we're going to take the conservative approach and interpret the mismatch as a failure.

The easiest way to work around this is to prevent the dialog from popping up in the first place.

You can do this by going to Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage, and either choosing Allow Sites To Store Information On This Computer, or choosing Local Settings By Site, and adding the individual domains that you want to authorize.

At that point, you can refresh the page and shouldn't receive the prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Willem123 I have done every recommended thing I can find, including uninstalling Adobe Flash Player and reinstalling it. No matter what I do, the Adobe Flash Player Settings pop-up appears over the jigsaw puzzle game I want to play. I've been playing it successfully for a very long time - until now. It's a Facebook game. I'm running a Mac Mojave - version 10.14.2, 64 bit processor, and using Mozilla Firefox. Please help. I've enabled every storage thing I can find, as well as the re-installation. The little box just sits there, unresponsive to all but right-clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a bug in the latest 64-bit Firefox that prevents us from writing local shared objects the to disk.  This is probably what you're running into.

1514889 - Flash Player cannot write Local Shared Objects on Windows (x64 sandbox)

Your options are to either use the last ESR rversion of Firefox, or use another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines