• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem with FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe crashing repeatedly and apparently randomly. I spoke to Chris and tried installing V 11.3.300.265. This did not solve the problem. I am attempting to get a debugging dump but this system is configured for debugging other software and I am having problems getting the process to dump. I will update if I get more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems on my research office computer and also my home computer.  The new file sent by Chris has worked on my office computer and I have not seen any "errors" show up on this computer for two days.  However, the same file has not worked at home.  Amazingly, I'm running the same browser and OS on both computers.  I have no idea what that means, but am glad my research computer is 'fixed', knock on wood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a pc-laptop, XP home version SP3, and had the stuttering echoing sound issues and video lags and freezes with the 11.3 version.  I downgraded to 10.3 and had no more issues.  (never had them before until the 11.3 came along).  Then yesterday with the latest 11.3 update with reported fixes for Firefox users, I went ahead and installed it.  Same sound and video issues came back.  It did not solve the issue for me unfortunately.  Going back to 10.3 again and hope another update with a solution to this comes soon.  Thanks for working so hard in trying to figure out a solution to this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 11.3.300.265 test build sent to me by Chris Campbell. This fixed my choppy sound issues on Firefox. Windows XP Pro SP3. Note I tried the update to 11.3.300.262 and that did not work. Reverted back to 10.3 then used link sent to me to upload to the test version of 11.3.300.265 and I'm back to normal. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 11.3.300.265 build Plug-in and ActiveX versions for IE8 and Firefox 13.0.1 respectively. Installation worked perfectly and after checking the main web sites I use the  the issues with distorted sound have been fixed. Thanks very much! System specification as follows

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model:Latitude E6500             
BIOS:Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A14
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:3572MB RAM
Page File:1476MB used, 3976MB available
DirectX Version:DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

[Display]

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600  @ 2.80GHz (2793 MHz)
Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
DirectX version:9.0c
GPU processor:Quadro NVS 160M
ForceWare version:176.07
Memory:512 MB (256 MB Dedicated)
Video BIOS version:62.98.68.00.04
IRQ:16
Bus:PCI Express x16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pelase help me:

I have problems with flash player in both Firefox and IE. Each time I install Flash player it works only for the same day and the next day no flash files are played and I receive the notification that I don't have flash player. I check my add-ons and there's no flash player there! But in control panel> programs and features I have them installed but the icon is somehow missing! I'm tired of removing and reinstalling F player everyday! My OS is Win 7 32 Bit. Each time I install the latest F player available. Please Please Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the 11.3.300.265 version of plugin, however my issues with sound not working or freezing when using terminal services are not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed .265 version of flash and it seems to solve my problems with sound. I tried this build with following browsers:

Firefox 13.0.1

Opera 12.00

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m

All on 32 bit Windows Vista Ultimate. I believe in my case the issue is soundcard, which is an oldie Creative X-Fi. Anyway, everything works fine by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player version: WIN 11,3,300,262 showing ghosting and green bar with NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card (driver 296.88). I rolled back the driver with a clean install to version 275.65 and cleared up the issue for now. Bug report filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd uncheck the "hardware acceleration" under settings on the flash player, that solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the hardware acceleration box, disabled the Real Player recorder extension, etc.; none of these helped for me.  I'm still having to bring up IE when I want to play those Flash games on Facebook; they no longer work in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I've been running the Beta 265 version in FF 13.0.1 in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit for awhile now. (Note: I really had no issues with 262, just testing this one out). The loss of browser focus is still there. I've had a couple crashes:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-f8b16f3d-f27f-4c6e-89b9-4c8f62120708

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-53aaf2f7-421e-4320-b5d7-9e7322120708

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-02fb4477-a88b-4050-b0c3-bbe122120708

They've all happened while watching NASCAR RaceBuddy at nascar.com during races. But, that was after using it for more than an hour and I think 1 race it never crashed. I had other tabs going at the same time and I'm sure some of them also had videos or other flash content. Other than those hiccups, no problems with playing videos or any audio issues. Doing any testing here where something has to run for an hour or more and may or may not occur would be a pain to test/verify if any settings actually fixed anything. I wonder if I should even report it but they did happen.

Oh, was testing out myspace as someone reported a problem there: http://www.myspace.com/tomhouse and it doesn't work when trying to play music there but I think that's due to a coding issue on their end not recognizing the version number as valid or something.

Mark H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark.  Would you mind also opening a bug at bugbase.adobe.com and note the nascar.com crashes along with the mozilla bug id's?  I want to make sure we don't loose track of your findings.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Created bug for the nascar.com crashes: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3283287

Thanks,

Mark H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the final version .265 and it seems my problem was solved. Multichannel sound on my Creative X-Fi in Win7 x64 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rex and @mrheadrick - Thanks for adding the bug reports!

@manitu for the feedback. 

I'd like to encourage people that were affected by audio and stability problems to try out our new release and let us know how it performs for you.  I've updated the original post with the new details.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My stuttering audio problem is *NOT* fixed with this final version 265. I get this in IE or FF. When I revert to a previous release (anything before about 3 weeks ago). The

stuttering audio is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated Flash Player with today's release 11.3 r300 and my problems in Firefox are now worse.  I'm trying to play Facebook games such as Bejewelled Blitz and Solitaire Blitz.  I got sluggishness and screen freezes in Bejewelled Blitz which seemed to get progressively worse with each game.  I have tried restarting my computer, and that did not help.  Clearing the cashe in Firefox seemed to help with one game, but then when I played again, the game was more sluggish and had momentary freezes.  Then when I moved over to Solitaire Blitz, the screen was slow to update and change from one playing card to the next card in the stack.  I had some slight sluggishness in the games with the prior version, but now it's much worse.  I think I need to go back to an older version when I have time to make the changes, unless you come up with a fix tomorrow.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that Flash Player crashed after playing Solitaire Blitz.  I have tried again and am still experiencing major problems with these games in Firefox.  I'm using a fairly new, good, fast PC with Windows 7, and these games were working better on my old, clunky, Windows XP laptop (which I use away from home) yesterday.  I just tried Solitaire Blitz again on the good computer using Internet Explorer 8, and it flies there.  So the issues is specific to Firefox.  I generally prefer Firefox, so please get this fixed.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am having sound distortion and volume problems with the new build (11.3.300.265).All previous versions of flash did not present any sound issue.

My soundcard is an Creative X-fi Notebook expresscard.

This problem is present on Firefox, Opera and IE browsers. Chrome is having no problems since it uses version 11.3.300.257

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube and all other types of websites that use flash work fine for me. However the biggest issue I have is that the audio for my personal .SWF files has stopped working. I currently only use Macromedia Flash Pro 8 and the audio has stopped woking in that program as well. At this point, I am unable to accurately add audio to my animation projects.

Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I solved the problems:

First I created a new profile in firefox. (I have installed the same addons and plug-ins as before.)

And then I disabled protected mode since my cpu-usage was unusually high. But I have to say that flash players (e.g. for watching a stream) still consume a lot of cpu-time. Before the problems started with flash I could watch multiple live-streams at a time. Now, even with the fixes, my firefox slows down immensly when I switch a second flash player.

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have real player installed and still see white space where it should show flash banners/video. Adobe please get this fixed I cannot keep up like this.,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still isn't working for me.  I have XP and using Chrome.  Updated the Chrome which automatically updates newest verions of Flash.  Played a video and it worked fine for a couple of minutes and then went right back to doing the skipping sound.  I can't go back to the older version of Flash on Chrome because it won't let you, but my IE works just fine.  I hate using IE though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines