• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashes constantly in Firefox, IE and Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player has not worked properly in months. It will work intermttently maybe 10% of the time after clicking reload/send crash report a half dozen times. It fails on all websites including

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

My system is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 7 x64. 6GB RAM, Intel W3550 @ 3.06GHz

Firefox 11.0

Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.63 (updated March 19, 2012)

I have swapped Asus Xonar DS for CL SB X-Fi Ti with no change

I have swapped GeForce GTX550Ti for ATI Firepro V5800 with no change

It fails with graphic acceleration enabled or disabled.

Browsing to any site with Flash content will usually crash the plug in.

This is highly frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gajananam wrote:

Dear Xircal: Thanks; I will do the steps and report back. As far as I know, there is no antivirus software running on my system. I uninstalled all of them some time ago to get my flash working. Windows defender, is the only malware system working. How do I find out if there are anti-virus scanners running on the system?

--thanks

Antivirus programs usually create desktop shortcuts. Otherwise, click Start, then look in the Programs list.

It's advisable to install one though because the threat of attack is very real. You can download the free version of AVAST from here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=95170.0 When you run the setup file, make sure you remove the checkmarks from Google Chrome otherwise you'll suddenly have that as your default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xircal: The uninstaller and installer links you have in your message are for 32-bit and it says it cannot run on my windows 7 64-bit machine. Can you please point to the 64-bit versions of these?

I went to get.adobe.com/flashplayer and reinstalled the flash player (after uninstalling it with control panel->programs and features). Flash player still crashes big time.

--thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gajananam wrote:

Dear Xircal: The uninstaller and installer links you have in your message are for 32-bit and it says it cannot run on my windows 7 64-bit machine. Can you please point to the 64-bit versions of these?

I went to get.adobe.com/flashplayer and reinstalled the flash player (after uninstalling it with control panel->programs and features). Flash player still crashes big time.

--thanks

Firefox hasn't been officially released in 64-bit yet, so I assume you're running either a BETA, or a third party version if you're seeing that message. Anyway, you can download the 64-bit uninstaller from here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_F...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the 64 bit uninstaller to remove Flash Player. (64 bit Windows 7 OS)

I used the link you provided to 32 bit Flash Player Installer to install Flash player.

Installation is successful.

32 bit Firefox does NOT recognize the 32 bit plugin as a valid plugin on a 64 bit system.

It says at the top of the screen "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

android2112 wrote:

I used the 64 bit uninstaller to remove Flash Player. (64 bit Windows 7 OS)

I used the link you provided to 32 bit Flash Player Installer to install Flash player.

Installation is successful.

32 bit Firefox does NOT recognize the 32 bit plugin as a valid plugin on a 64 bit system.

It says at the top of the screen "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page"

That message about 'additional plugins' may refer to something other than Flash, like Java for example. Can you post the link to the site where you see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example:

http://www.youtube.com

With Firefox 11.0 (that claims "Firefox is up to date")

I get a tan bar across the top of the screen with a button

It says: "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page."          [Install Missing Plugins...]

When I click [Install Missing Plugins...] I get a pop up dialog offering to install

The following plugins are available:

[ ] Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62

Press Next to install these plugins.

No Java or anything else in the dialog.

I wouldn't mind using older version of Flash Player that don't crash. Unfortunately Adobe seems to encourage developers to lock content to the latest version. So many items just say "This video is currently unavailable" when the current Flash Player is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the following please.

1. In Firefox, click Tools | Options | Advanced. (If you have the Firefox layout with the oblong orange button top left, hit the ALT key to get the text links).
  2. In the General tab, remove the checkmark from: "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page".
  3. Click OK and then go to any site where you normally get the problem.

Message was edited by: Xircal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No redirect, no warning.

Same tan bar as described previously.

Flash only plugin it wants to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the same anomaly if you try and watch a video here? http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/stagevideo.html

EDIT: does your Global Settings Manager look the same as the one in the screenshot if you go to this link? http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

global_settings_flash.PNG

Message was edited by: Xircal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I see the problem.

I checked Control Panel/Programs and Features

The link you provide above is to the 32 bit Active X installer. It doesn't work in Firefox.

So I tried in IE, Still crashes anyway and takes me to my visual studio debugger where it says you have attempted to write a null pointer. IE crash is worse since if you are not set up to debug, it hangs IE for a long time. At least FF tells you the plugin has crashed promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about this link? http://forums.adobe.com/message/4286975#4286975 If so, that was in response to Gajananam. You can see that at the top of the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xircal: FF is crashing so much on the flash player, t hat I am trying IE8 which also crashes but after about 10 mins. Is there a similar option in IE8 about "Warn me if a site is trying to redirect..."?

--thanks

--gajananam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gajananam wrote:

Dear Xircal: FF is crashing so much on the flash player, t hat I am trying IE8 which also crashes but after about 10 mins. Is there a similar option in IE8 about "Warn me if a site is trying to redirect..."?

--thanks

--gajananam

Hi gajananam,

1. In Firefox, click Tools | Options | Advanced. In the Network tab, middle menu where it says "Clear Web Content", click the "Clear Now" button.
  2. In the menu immediately underneath that where it says "Override automatic cache management", checkmark the box and then underneath it, set "Limit cache to 0" (zero). Click OK to close the menu.
  3. Next, press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL to open the menu called "Clear All History".
  4. In "Time Range to clear", set it to "Everything".
  5. Click the "Details" arrow underneath it and then checkmark "Browsing and Download history", "Cache" and "Offline Website Data". Remove the checkmark from all the others.
  6. Click the "Clear Now" button to delete everything in the Cache and History. This doesn't affect your Bookmarks which will remain intact.
  7. Close Firefox, wait 10 seconds and then open it again and go to a video site somewhere.

N.B. If you have the Firefox layout with the orange oblong button top left, hit the ALT key to toggle the text links on so that you can see the "Tools" menu link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xircal: Thanks for the detailed tips. Will try tonight at home and update the progress. I have FF 11.0; is that good?

--gajananam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck with IE! It won't even load images for me there. Best of luck..No company seems concerned about their products!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sniderrick3: IE9 was terrible, so I downgraded to IE8. With the 32-bit  version of IE8, I have the maximum stability in comparison to FF and Chrome. May be some blind luck. I disabled all add-ons, all startup services, and stripped IE8 to barebones to get this stability. It of course also crashes but after about 10 mins. The 10 mins is poosible only after deleting all the flashplayer cache, as advised by one of the helpx adobe web sites.

--cheers

--gajananam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gajananam wrote:

Dear Xircal: Thanks for the detailed tips. Will try tonight at home and update the progress. I have FF 11.0; is that good?

--gajananam

Yes. I have it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xircal: There is a definite improvement after performing all the cache and other settings you suggested--instead of crashing after 1 min, it now plays for about 10 to 20 mins before BSOD. So definite improvement, but still no stability.

--gajananam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit

Firefox 11.0

Adobe Flash 11.1.102.63 (updated March 19, 2012)

Having the same Issues youtube crashes any site using flash freezez my whole computer. Using  firefox chrome and ie. This is a major problem.

Also noticing cpu usage goes to 100% before whole computer freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eternal30303030 wrote:

Windows 7 64 bit

Firefox 11.0

Adobe Flash 11.1.102.63 (updated March 19, 2012)

Having the same Issues youtube crashes any site using flash freezez my whole computer. Using  firefox chrome and ie. This is a major problem.

Also noticing cpu usage goes to 100% before whole computer freezes.

Which process appears to be using 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can probably answer that for Eternal. It is more than likely plugin_container.exe. A Firefox Program to designed to isolate plug ins and keep the whole browser from locking up and crashing. I notice that when the Flash Plugins start acting weird and are about to crash, The plugin container's CPU usage goes thru the roof. I was able to put the plugin contrainer on low priority thru the Task Manager and it seems to help loosen the load a tad bit.  Doesn't help keep Adobe from Crashing but from what I have seen it just takes a bit longer to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Gajannam. i sent nasty e-mails to zynga, adobe, and face book again today. Many of my friends are leaving the games due to the problems. Hope someone listens at some point. Adobe seems to be at the center of all the issues. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines