• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 260 Replies 260
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on this for 3 days and no solution yet. I've tried all the tips on this site but they haven't fixed the issue. It seems to me that the player isn't even starting. Napster errors out when it tries to launch the player and XM Radio.com goes from "Conecting..." and then right back to "Ready" when I hit the play button. Other than these two sites Flash is playing the audio everywhere... I've tried Flash 7,8, and 9 but the same thing happens with all of them.

The other oddity is this problem only affects my user account. If I create a new user everything works fine and it also works with user accounts that were created before the problem appeared...

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2008 Aug 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand it either: one minute we have flash sound, the next minute we have zero sound. If you want to still watch YouTube videos try this I am using it right now http://www.download.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html?part=dl-10647340&subj=dl&tag=bu... the YouTube downloader. What is Adobe's problem why can't they help us? This cannot be a software issue the way it happens it must be virus, spyware, ad-aware or outside of the program related. Zamzar is not reliable to download YouTube videos because it takes about two days to complete. If Adobe can't help us with the Flash sound problem, then their programs are unreliable. Now you know why I encourage publishers to use Quark versus InDesign and the generic Foxit Reader Program versus Acrobat. Plus they both actually cost money which we don't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2008 Aug 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will finally chime in here - I used to have embedded video sound, which my kids use for Webkiinz, etc and I use for youtube. Then one day it stopped working. I scoured forums for weeks and have tried everything short of completely reinstalling windows. I tried CC scan, Registry fix, Real Tek Manager, Speaker plugs, K-lite Codecs, Virus, Drivers, MSadcm.drv and wave mapper or what ever the files are. I moved stuff from one comp to another, etc.

I tried different versions of IE and Firefox and Adobe Flash. One time it came back for 5 minutes and then disappeared again.

Beyond frustration, I simply blame the embedded video suppliers for not giving us a choice of what software to use to view their content. We are stuck with Adobe and Adobe does not ensure the codec it is using is making it to your speakers. That is so lame. Just pipe some data out and don't care if it ever works with your computer.

So if you read all of the above forums, I tried it all including the 4 "Flash 7 no sound fixes". All to no avail.

I cannot hear you tube sound and my kids cannot hear sound on any of the kiddie sites that all use Flash for their content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to give kudos to Adobe tech support. They are working with me and being really helpful. I still have not found the cause of no youtube or web kinz sound yet though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2008 Aug 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Professor - I thought that was my saviour but when I try to convert to any of the formats it says - failed - unable to convert due to codecs or parameters.

No Youtube sound for life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help and info, guys. Took care of the issue.

Mickey Mantle card - installing floor tile - clearpores

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2008 Aug 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, by some miracle of God Himself and not Adobe who have a tech support department parallel to the Keystone Cops, I have sound back on YouTube and I have no idea how it happened. Here is the sequence this morning that happened to get YouTube sounds back. First, I downloaded the YouTube downloader. Second, I uninstalled WinDVD 8 a program that suchs it takes too long to startup and more. Finally, I found another virus on my comp and I took it out, and I don't mean on a date you bleepy bleeps Santa Clops fans. I really think WinDVD 8 was the culprit and the sound came back once I took it out, and I don't mean on a date you Santa Clops Fans! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7g8KMA7nFk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a post about adobe flash palyer 10 http://notechie.com/adobe-flash-player-soon-the-final-version-10/ . Is it true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2008 Aug 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had similar problem got it solved.

Thanks to HMReviews it showed me how to solve this problems.

Here are some of my fav blogs which may help you guys in solving some pc problems i hope im sharing best with you

HMReviews
PC Games Reviews
PHP Script Reviews
PC Software Reviews

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.. is there a way to install flash internet explorer browser plugin on a windows XP computer through a guest account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I read an article about Adobe Flash Player 10 here. Can you tell me if it is true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, can someone answer, please? Thanx:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any free flash player that can play Free Mobile Games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any flash player for mobile that can play Mobile Games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of interest on this one. Problems with sound and flash. I've tried all the above solutions but to no avail. Then it suddendlt dawned on me that previous to losing sound on 2 PCs I had just installed the latest Norton Protection Software. Given that Norton interferes with just about everything on your PC I wondered if this could be the cause. Had anyone else recently upgraded Norton before their sound went?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: pommie22
Just out of interest on this one. Problems with sound and flash. I've tried all the above solutions but to no avail. Then it suddendlt dawned on me that previous to losing sound on 2 PCs I had just installed the latest Norton Protection Software. Given that Norton interferes with just about everything on your PC I wondered if this could be the cause. Had anyone else recently upgraded Norton before their sound went?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Adobe tech Support (great people, by the way) for over two weeks regarding the problems with Flash player 9 and no audio. Believe me, I tried every fix that you see posted in this forum, none of them worked, and the tech people were stumped. I got video, but no audio. and my Windows Media Player worked perfectly.

The only thing that worked for me was downloading the new Google Chrome web browser. I did that yesterday, and I can get streaming audio and video, complete with SOUND, from all my sites. I don't know, but that tells me the problem is with the web browser I was using (IE 7) and not the Flash player. I can go to a site with Chrome and play the audio, then switch to IE 7, go to the same site, and no sound. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. WoW this forum is very helpful.

EuropeWord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to Gilhooley for the fix! LuckyNumberSleven, you say you had issues with FF3 and Flash 9, I'm having the same issues, so if I upgrade to Flash beta 10 I should be good to go? I'll have to check that out... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. I been reading this forum for a few days now, and tried almost everything.

Here is what worked for me.

I found that after a new windows installation, I installed my sound card drivers, and then ultimately ended up on youtube to watch some videos and so installed flash player 9.

And then no sound!

So I ended up exhausting myself, and finally when I simply uninstalled my sound card drivers and then reinstalled them, THEN the flash player worked with sound!

I think that the new flash player 9 is somehow messing up our sound card settings. I don't know how or why but I think most of this is related to our sound cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Flash 10 is now available, and appears to solve all of these problems.

Bevan Davies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Flash 10 is now available, and appears to solve all of these problems.

Bevan Davies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BevanOwenDavies Flash game problem flash 10 player
http://www.cizgifilm.in problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2008 Dec 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP service pack 2. No sound in firefox or ie, all other applications sound fine.

I got so sick of trying to fix the problem that I reformatted my computer. (It was about time anyway). Re-installed XP, firefox, flash 10, sound card driver. I still don't get any sound.

I'm downloading the k-lite codec pack now to see if that works, but I have tried just about everything else people have suggested. I tried to registry fix, no good.

The sound originally went out about 6 months ago. It just stopped working one day. I really thought reformatting would be sure to fix my problem?!

Any new advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2008 Dec 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I finally fixed it!

Bizarrely it had nothing to do with the software...

I saw a few posts where people said they fixed their problems by changing the audio cables. I only have a couple speakers and my sub hooked up right now, and for some reason putting the "front" cable into the "rear" slot on the sound card caused the sound to start working again!

I don't understand why, but I'm happy anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines