• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 260 Replies 260
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but my video sites header proplem ! luletube and blog or bozuktv

Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

luletube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats true ! thank you

luletube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your guide , and i am also thanful to nokia 6630 that's still working....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also go here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

on the left side slick on Global Notifications settings panel
Global storage Settings panel
A box will load up on the right side
Make sure youtube is in there. Just one thing to try or pay the Geek Squad or a pro to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no sound on Youtube and you tried everything?
I would also go here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

on the left side slick on Global Notifications settings panel
Global storage Settings panel
A box will or should load up on the right side
Make sure Youtube is in there. Just one more thing to try.
I mak have to have the Geek Squad fix it for $30.00.
It will be worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

codec does not always work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this forum today and have pretty much been through this entire thread, trying most everything suggested, but to no avail.

All sound works on my computer (iTunes, Windows Media Player, Quicktime etc), but nothing on YouTube or similar sites will give me sound. Video, yes. Sound, no.

I am almost CERTAIN it is related to my having installed Windows Defender last weekend. The trouble started almost immediately it seems. I've since uninstalled it as completely as I could, but still nothing. I've tried. the missing.reg thing, I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, all that....and NOTHING.

Anyone have any other ideas??

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, it worked for me.

Go into your control panel in the start menu.

Then go into Sound and Audio Devices Icon.

Then click on the audio tab

On the sound playback section click on the drop down menu

click select your sound device (for me it was soundblaster 24 as an example).

click apply, and your audios like .flv and similar files viewed in yoututbe or dailymotion should work.

For some reason something modified my settings and set it to modem #0 Line Playback.

I hope this helps , for this problem could possible be related to my CPU only. Try it anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, it worked for me.

Go into your control panel in the start menu.

Then go into Sound and Audio Devices Icon.

Then click on the audio tab

On the sound playback section click on the drop down menu

click select your sound device (for me it was soundblaster 24 as an example).

click apply, and your audios like .flv and similar files viewed in yoututbe or dailymotion should work.

For some reason something modified my settings and set it to modem #0 Line Playback.

I hope this helps , for this problem could possible be related to my CPU only. Try it anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines