• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 260 Replies 260
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I have also lost sound to my Adobe flash Player while viewing videos on YouTube and Google. I have tried almost everything to fix it: the cut and paste reg file fixes, checking that file in the registry, I even deleted it and recreated it but it did not help, scanning for viruses, reinstalling, checking Flash Settings, running repair programs and everything else I could find online and nothing works.

However, here is the weird part, I wanted to check and see if downloaded YouTube videos would work and they did, I downloaded a YouTube file off of Zamzar and run it and the sound worked fine so the sound does work perfectly from downloaded youtube videos in WMP. To repeat, I have tried all the reg.fix cut and paste files, the myscom32 file in the registry, reinstalling, scanning for viruses, repair programs, etc. Every solution I could fine online is one I have attempted, please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2007 Dec 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<a href=" http://polbaksa.com/internet/10-antivirusov-onlayn-2.html" class="">Продолжение...</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows Media Player plays sound, but I could not get sound from any Flash player videos. This one had me scratching my head quite allot. There has been allot of people with this problem, and I have noted many different fixes, I even as a last resort reloaded my operating system to no avail.

Then quite by accident I discovered the problem that I was having, and I don't quite know how to fix it. But here goes.... If you go to a YouTube video, play the video, right click your mouse over the video until a menu pops up, click on "Settings", click on the microphone - then I can hear sound.... But if I click on another video, I have to do the same procedure to listen to the video. Clicking on the microphone in the settings box seems to turn the sound on.

I tryed going to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html web page and clicking on "Global Storage Settings panel" but the Third Party Flash Content is already checked......

Any Ideas??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out my sound problem. I had my speakers plugged into the microphone port instead of the speaker port. That's curious because for some reason when I had played my Windows Media player it played sound out of the microphone port to my speakers, yet I couldn't get sound when I was playing flash movies.

So now that I have the speakers plugged into the right port, my flash player is working great... Case solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that no sound with the flash player is a common problem. I will try a few of the suggestions in this thread and let everyone know how it goes. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some googling, and I found the following article:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/08/15/fix-windows-no-system-sound-and-audio-problem/

I then did a search on K-Lite Codec Pack, and found what looked like a safe site to download it from at: http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm.

I downloaded the Basic version.

I installed ONLY the Codec Tweak Tool, and was waiting for it to install so I could open it up and run it. However, before it finished installing, it asked me something like: “You are missing vital registry keys. This may cause some sounds to not work. Would you like this problem fixed?” I said YES, and voila, I didn’t even have to open the tweak tool…my sound is back to 100%. Flash and system sounds are now fully functioning. Hooray!

Now when I look in the registry the Drive32 section that was missing before is magically there again. So, it was that after all, all it took was a tool that could fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Changing the environment away from "NONE" on realtek fixed my problem"

when i tried putting something else than NONE, i cant hear sound, i think its the prob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Gilhooley

Thanks for the solution, it worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2008 Jun 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank for this info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gccp
flash game
Ejector Pins
flash game

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2008 Jun 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the fixes in this forum and nothing worked. Then was advised from another site to run "sndvol32" and check volume levels, mute off, etc. But sndvol32 was gone - probably deleted by malware.

Anyway I downloaded and installed the file from this site (which includes instructions): http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/517401-sndvol32-exe-missing.html

Then rebooted and went to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio Tab, then re-selected my sound card in 2 places (it was not present when sndvol32 was missing).

Worked like a charm.

Peace out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Working fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2008 Jul 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Gilhooley. .. you are a god to me.. it really works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im running windows vista Ultimate SP1. Im having the same problem as everyone else, flash player video works but NO SOUND. This means i cant watch any .flv files or youtube videos. Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2008 Jul 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install sp3, its free of course. or try in firefox. choose any one option, it will work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2008 Jul 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download the update version of Flash player when i having any problem with flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't be crazy, install new updates. you will be fine with sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was have same problem, and site show me missing graphic, instead of view video. but it fix after some updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in case people still have this issue...

i went through every possible solution on this page and others.

my exact problem was just about every embedded media on every page in ie and firefox played, but with no audio, i could play audio files on my pc though.

after i restarted computer and messed with registry and audio settings and drivers forever...

solution:
opened the realtek manager
opened task manager
under the applications tab, right clicked the realtek program and hit go to process
ended the realtek process and relaunched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I've tried the registry fix, uninstalling and reinstalling codecs and browsers, k-lite codec pack and running the k-lite codec repair tool, all with no results.

I have found a quick solution for anyone who has Realtek audio hardware and is running their goofy software:
1. open up the Realtek HD Audio Manager
2. Crawl behind your tower and unplug all the cords from your speakers
3. Plug them back in (in the right color coded spots, of course)
4. The Realtek manager will ask you what those holes are supposed to do. The settings that are already there should be correct. It shouldn't be very hard to figure it out otherwise: front speakers, back speakers, center/sub woofer, etc.
5. Test it on Google video, you should be good. Another post mentioned stopping and restarting the process and may also be a good solution, although I did not try this.

I have fought with this for about 2 1/2 weeks and never thought to check this. Although I don't remember exactly, I'm eager to assume this issue started occurring when I updated my Flash software. Needless to say I'm not a fan of either Realtek or Adobe right now (never have been a fan of Realtek, btw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2008 Aug 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOOK HERE!!: I was having this problem - sound on everything except flash and did all the registry settings and no go -- I went into the sound control panel for my sound card --> this is the control panel software specific to my sound card and NOT the windows one. In the panel I had a caution symbol - I clicked it and it fixed the problem. I know everyone will have different sound cards and panels and wont necessarily have this caution icon to click on - but my point is that if the registry fix does not work for you -- then the problem may be sound card software specific -- check your soundcard software control panel and play around with your preferences -- possibly even try an uninstall/reinstall of your sound card software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was 2 weeks watching many forums and trying all of the tools (registry, system settings, updates aso.) to fix the problem with the missing sound by using flash videos (You Tube) and system sounds. My solution by chance: anything is wrong with my REAL TEC SOUND CARD or the settings in the REAL TEC HD-AUDIO MANAGER:

When I click in "sound effects" everything settings except "Non" and "Living Room" the sound of my You Tupe and flash sounds works. So I set "General" and don´t ask why it is so. I think there are other different answers, but that´s the one what helped me.

Good luck everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2008 Sep 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: sumfuktupkid
Hey folks,

I've tried the registry fix, uninstalling and reinstalling codecs and browsers, k-lite codec pack and running the k-lite codec repair tool, all with no results.

I have found a quick solution for anyone who has Realtek audio hardware and is running their goofy software:
1. open up the Realtek HD Audio Manager
2. Crawl behind your tower and unplug all the cords from your speakers
3. Plug them back in (in the right color coded spots, of course)
4. The Realtek manager will ask you what those holes are supposed to do. The settings that are already there should be correct. It shouldn't be very hard to figure it out otherwise: front speakers, back speakers, center/sub woofer, etc.
5. Test it on Google video, you should be good. Another post mentioned stopping and restarting the process and may also be a good solution, although I did not try this.

I have fought with this for about 2 1/2 weeks and never thought to check this. Although I don't remember exactly, I'm eager to assume this issue started occurring when I updated my Flash software. Needless to say I'm not a fan of either Realtek or Adobe right now (never have been a fan of Realtek, btw).

Thanks a lot that helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I have also lost sound to my Adobe flash Player while viewing videos on YouTube and Google. I have tried almost everything to fix it: the cut and paste reg file fixes, checking that file in the registry, I even deleted it and recreated it but it did not help, scanning for viruses, reinstalling, checking Flash Settings, running repair programs and everything else I could find online and nothing works.

However, here is the weird part, I wanted to check and see if downloaded YouTube videos would work and they did, I downloaded a YouTube file off of Zamzar and run it and the sound worked fine so the sound does work perfectly from downloaded youtube videos in WMP. To repeat, I have tried all the reg.fix cut and paste files, the myscom32 file in the registry, reinstalling, scanning for viruses, repair programs, etc. Every solution I could fine online is one I have attempted, please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines