• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing export kernel32.dll error

New Here ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Flash Player with quite a few problems. I uninstalled it per Adobe's recommendation. Then when I tried to reinstall I received this error: the download.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll:verifyversioninfoa. Anyone receive this error? Any ideas? After reading a post here, I went to hilton's website and an express version of Flash Player was automatically installed. This seems to have fixed my problem, temporarily. But I know better...something is going very wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2007 May 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggested solutions but they don't work for me.

I have uninstalled flash player and reinstalled. I am told that it is installed successfully but web sites that require it do not recognise it and offer me a download - which has no effect whatsoever. The site still doesn't recognise it and I'm back to square one. I use Windows ME and AOL.

All very frustrating. So what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2007 May 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the info. Engineering is monitoring the thread and working on insuring the google toolbar isn't offered to Win98 users...

Bridgefan, did you decline the Google toolbar offer? I suspect you might actually have a different problem. If you could provide a more clear description of what's happening when hit sites that use Flash Player I'll try to point you in the right direction..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Bentley Wolfe

I have uninstalled the Google toolbar - don't particularly want it anyway.

2 examples of problems:

a. Nissan.co.uk site tells me ' Flash needs to be installed to view parts of this site. You can download free version of Flash 8 on Macromedia Site (if I click this I go the Adobe site which offers download of Version 9 but this is already installed).
Message continues 'If you have Flash Click Here' Clicking brings back the same message, ie, Flash is not recognised.

b. Genesreunited.com - When I try to bring up 'Family Tree' which uses Flash I get an error message:
'aRels' is null or not an object.
URL http//www.genesreunited.com.asp?wci=tree Line845'

I hope these examples help identify the problem.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK easy things first..

<<'aRels' is null or not an object.
URL http//www.genesreunited.com.asp?wci=tree Line845'>>

That's an asp error. It has nothing to do with Flash Player directly. It's something the asp code on the page is doing when it tries to write the html page that -contains- the SWF (flash) content. So you should contact genesreunited and let them know about that problem.

<<<Nissan.co.uk site tells me ' Flash needs to be installed to view parts of this site. >>

First, let me say that this is NOT the same as the Win98/google toolbar we've previously been discussing in this thread. Your problem is a more common Flash Player installer failure that my team has been working on for quite awhile. (I write this to avoid confusion for people finding this thread in the future...)

Here's what I'd like you to do.
Please import the following key into the system registry:

http://www.supportflash.com/ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.9.zip

(read on)
Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding. Adobe Systems cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from this information.

1. Unzip the ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.9 key
2. Run the Flash Player uninstaller - download from here http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157
3. Select Start >run type in ‘regedit’
4. Select File > import
5. Import the ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.9 key
6. Install the Flash Player from here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Then try the Nissan site again. One of the problems we're fighting that something (we're not sure what.. spyware cleaners, registry editors,etc..) are locking or removing these special keys which prevent 'backwards installs' of Flash Player for security purposes. There is a certain way that some developers can access these keys for Flash Player detection in IE Windows. And if that key is locked or missing that detection fails and you wind up in an endless 'install Flash Player' loop..

Try the above and let me know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get this running on a Windows 2003 terminal server. I have seen a lot of posts but nothing that I am trying is fixing it. The administrator has no issue with the Flash Player but any other user does. I can go as for as doing a Run As (the administrator) and it works but that is not a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: cslaght
I am trying to get this running on a Windows 2003 terminal server. I have seen a lot of posts but nothing that I am trying is fixing it. The administrator has no issue with the Flash Player but any other user does. I can go as for as doing a Run As (the administrator) and it works but that is not a fix.

This is one of the things we're wrestling with. You'll most likely need to run the SubInACL tool on each user account. Painful, but that should fix it.

"Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the Flash Player Installation." ( http://www.adobe.com/go/fb1634cb)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this besides the SubinAcl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the subacl and i logged in as administrator and put the user as a administrator and he could see the flash when i took the access away he couldn't see it anymore.

I have windows 2003 Terminal server with about 200 users on 4 machines there has to be a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crt, I'm not sure quite what to advise you on this one.. Can you open a support web case and reply back with a case #? Then I can try to get someone to investigate more closely...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2007 May 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Bentley Wolfe

Thanks for you reply but I am reluctant to try your solution in view of your warning about interfering with the Windows System Registry. Obviously you have to give the warning but how much risk is actually involved?

Another point - I am a bit confused about Flash and Shockwave Flash. Is my problem with either or both? If latter, should I uninstall Shock wave and reinstall it?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the Google ToolBar (in the configuration panel of the PC) and I tried to install Flash and Shockwave..and it worked perfectly! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: bridgefan
Thanks for you reply but I am reluctant to try your solution in view of your warning about interfering with the Windows System Registry. Obviously you have to give the warning but how much risk is actually involved?

I understand your concern. But at this point SubInAcl is most likely the only thing that will work. We've run it (as part of support cases) on more than 50 machines successfully.

We're furiously working with Engineering to find a better solution, and they in turn are working with Microsoft. But for now SubInAcl is the thing. If you're not comfortable with that then I'd recommend taking your machine to a professional and asking them to do it. Or wait until we find a better solution (or switch to FireFox..)

Darren and I are also working on rebuilding the Windows troubleshooting technotes to make the troubleshooting path more clear. We know it's a bit of a mess just now, and hard to recognize exactly which thing you should be doing...

quote:

Originally posted by: bridgefanAnother point - I am a bit confused about Flash and Shockwave Flash. Is my problem with either or both? If latter, should I uninstall Shock wave and reinstall it?

Your problem is entirely with Flash Player. There is no direct connection between the installed bits of Flash Player and Shockwave Player. They perform similar tasks (FP for Flash content, Shockwave for Content created in Director..) but they're not the same and they don't share anything during their install. So don't worry about Shockwave. Fix your permissions with the SubInAcl tool and you should be OK..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I hate to sound stupid but your post says that I have to run the SubInACL for each user but that tool says that you have to have administrator priv's to do so.
I know you are working on a soltions but this is crazy. I have 20+ users on a terminal server. Setting each of them as admins and going through this tool is just crazy! Is there an expected time frame for a solution that makes sense. As a contractor for my client, I can't keep billing them for time that may be unnecessary if a new version is going to be released to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: cslaght
OK. I hate to sound stupid but your post says that I have to run the SubInACL for each user but that tool says that you have to have administrator priv's to do so.
I know you are working on a soltions but this is crazy. I have 20+ users on a terminal server. Setting each of them as admins and going through this tool is just crazy! Is there an expected time frame for a solution that makes sense. As a contractor for my client, I can't keep billing them for time that may be unnecessary if a new version is going to be released to fix this issue.

I understand, and I appreciate that it's a tough situation. And no, I don't have a firm ETA on it yet. We've been pushing for a solution, and Engineering is working with Microsoft to try to figure it out. Toughest issue I've dealt with in my 12 years here.. :(

Can you humor me and at least try fixing one account on the terminal server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother you again but I think my message got mixed up with cslaght's.

I was asking about the risk of damaging the Windows System Registry if I try your solution to the 'Nissan' problem. Is the risk more than negligible? Particularly as my system restore function is very unreliable - a common problem with Windows ME I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: bridgefan
I was asking about the risk of damaging the Windows System Registry if I try your solution to the 'Nissan' problem. Is the risk more than negligible? Particularly as my system restore function is very unreliable - a common problem with Windows ME I believe.

So far no person who's run SubInACL has reported any damage. And SubInACL is an 'official' Microsoft tool used to repair registry permission problems. Which is the reason we have to redirect people to Microsoft to get it.

So i'd say it's safe. BUT any tool that does anything to the registry can cause unexpected problems. If you're unsure, again, go to a Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Bentley Wolfe

I tried the solution suggested in your message of 05/15/2007. I uninstalled Flashplayer and unzipped ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.9 key. But when I tried to import it into the system registry I was told it was not a Registry file.

I subsequently reinstalled Flashplayer 9 and was told the installation was successful. But I still find progammes will not recognise it, eg, I have some Flash e-cards I downloaded in the past which used to work OK, presumably with an older version of Flashplayer. Is it possible to download an earlier version that might work with Windows ME?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines