• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 causes IE to crash

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is causing Internet Explorer to crash on several of our company computers whenever they try to access Flash content. Rolling back to Flash Player 11.3.300.271 (which requires using the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller first) resolves the issue. The problem seems limited to Windows 7 (64-bit) systems, but not all of them. Still trying to determine to commonality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 189 Replies 189
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I have hp elitebook 8570p win7 64 and I have the same problem with flash player 11.4 crashing Internet Explorer 9. I reverted back to version 11.3.300.271 and that solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the eta for a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realistically, how long does it take to get these sorts of things fixed?  I'm not having a go - it will take as long as it takes - but if it is going to be weeks rather than days then it will be worthwhile me downgrading to 11.3 rather than waiting for 11.4 to be fixed.  Just after your opinion, Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too experienced this pesty problem for several days.  Tried many suggestions picked up from various forums.  None helped, until I tried the below.  I've been free of this problem ever since.  Bottom line: I installed Google Chrome and got rid of FF.  This can be a temporary or permanent solution, depending if you want to keep chrome or reinstall FF once a permanent fix is provided.

1. uninstall Adobe flash (reason: it automatically comes with the Google Chrome install)
  2. install google chrome
  3. uninstall FF
  4. restart
  5. problem solved (at least mine was resolved - yippe!!)

Note - Initially I didn't know adobe flash came with the google chrome download.  After installing chrome, I went to reinstall adobe and at that time I received message it was not necessary, as it was part of the chrome download.  Cool!!  That message was first indication the problem was highly likely a thing of the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but what is FF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF stands for Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well duh! Thanks for fixing my brain fart!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gratejourney - Google Chrome comes with Flash version 11.3.31.232 preinstalled, which is stable. The About Flash page says that this is a "pepper-based" version. I'm not sure what that means.

Version 11.4.402.265 for IE is unstable.

Shane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is what I found about the Pepper version.  It provides some explanation.

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/tag/chrome-flash-player-pepper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response! I'll be waiting for any reaction or if there's a bew version that is free of crash problems 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dell Vostro also has a fingerprint reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've created a new bug, #3328679.

My HP Pavilion has SimplePass Identity Management software (a fingerprint reader).

Shane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have been having this problem.  Everything is 32-bit, it's an HP ProBook and I have a fingerprint reader.  Do you still need crash reports, logs of startup files and suggested websites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris: I'm glad to see that you've been able to reproduce the problem at Adobe.  Clear back in post #89, you asked me to create some dxdiag reports.  I thought that I had sent them to you on September 6th, but I ran across them this morning and found they hadn't been uploaded.  For whatever it's worth (not much!), I've uploaded them to the bug report now.  (I also understand now why I forgot to upload them.  The timestamp on the files is about 10 minutes prior to the call I received from my kids on 9/6 to tell me our house had been broken into and a car stolen.)

But again, thanks for all your help on this case.  I'll get the 11.5 beta installed and see how it goes on our affected systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed in Veoh web player

the application crashes right after clicking the icon and most of the time it takes DWM with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that IE 9 hangs, i.e. the page never loads completely or is doing so very slowly in a user account.  It works correctly in an Administrator account.

I don't often use IE, and 11.4.402.265 seems to have fixed the problems I was having in Firefox.  I accidentally started IE and it hung trying to bring up the default MSN page.

Windows 7 (64bit) on a Dell Optiplex 390.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. I disabled Flash Player, restarted IE9... no problem. Enable Flash Player and encountered the IE stoppped working dialog box shown in #4.

Win7 IE9 (64-bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback.  I'll ask our team to investigate immediately.  If possible, I'd like to get some crash logs from you.  Please see the following FAQ for instructions and let me know if you need any help:

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I performed the install of the two files and restarted my laptop. I experienced several instances where IE stopped working. Unfortunately, it appears as though no CrashDump folder exists on my laptop nor could I locate any IE-related *.dmp file (searched entire OS). Am I missing something?

By the way, the crashed occurred with multiple tabs and with a single tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it matter if I already had Chrome installed? There was another thread (message 4233416) where discussion of problems associated with already having Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me too. (I actually started a thread yesterday as well with screen shots).

Running W7 pro x64. As soon as I install this version (onto a totally clean W7 image that has never had flash player installed) IE9 crashes as soon as I close it. Version 11-3-300-271 runs perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

I use XenApp 6.5 with IE9 on 2008R2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing a crash since updating to the latest version.  I am also using an HP Elitebook 8460p running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  The early versions worked fine.  I can reproduce the crash 100% of the time just by going to https://play.google.com/store?hl=en&tab=w8 then clicking on the Android Apps button.  When I do IE pauses a second and then I get the following pop up error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 9.0.8112.16448

Application Timestamp: 4fecf1b7

Fault Module Name: StackHash_3597

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 7498c9f1

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 3597

Additional Information 2: 3597c31010c86d2765350bffe3a6632f

Additional Information 3: b28e

Additional Information 4: b28ec503d694c4dda893356d1d58e925

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

If I click OK, it tells me IE had to close and the reopen, at this point the Android Apps page is displayed without error.

If I disable the Flash add-on everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MikeIT1 - Thanks for adding the bug!

@KGlennCole - Are you able to reproduce this crash on command?  If so, I could try helping you create the dump file (though it does sound like you've done the proper steps.)

@medimetriks - If possible, can you try to create a dump file with your crash?

Unfortunately, we've been unable to reproduce this crash so far.  I suspect there's a common denominator on your systems that we don't have in place.  Is everyone using 64bit systems?  Are you using the 32 bit versions of IE or 64bit?  What virus/security software do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to request that everyone take a minute and leave a comment/vote for this bug.  Having this data gives us an idea of how many users are being affected by this issue.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3318993

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines