• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A way to quickly replace colors in FM?

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document which currently uses a Pantone green for a variety of paragraph styles, and I need to make the entire document black and white. I can delete the Pantone color in the color definitions, and replace each instance with black, but some of the colors like Magenta can't be deleted or edited.Is there a way to quickly find each instance of magenta and replace it with black, or do I need to go through and change them all manually?

Also, these magenta instances are all table heads (or first row at the head of each column, I suppose) and the magenta is the shading behind the text, not the text itself. I can't seem to find where that color is defined.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

You can define table colors in the Table > Custom Ruling and Shading dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define table colors in the Table > Custom Ruling and Shading dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are certain reserved colors in FrameMaker that can't be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: …certain reserved colors in FrameMaker that can't be deleted.
Interestingly, they can be partially edited, but not for actual color values, so they can't be modified to ≡RGB or 000𝑥CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following on Rick's note...Magenta is part of the CMYK color model used by commercial printers (and your desktop color printer, too)

You can't modify the base color of a color model, so along with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black, you cannot modify Red, Green, and Blue. Those (unsurprisingly) make up the RGB color model your computer uses to display this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines