• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add code pages in Adobe FrameMaker

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a work in Adobe FrameMaker I have to use some characters out different code pages of a font. (z.B. Griechisch and Cyrillic). In the fonts tab i have those fonts with diffrent options like bold or light. I can see also those fonts with Greek or Cyrilic, but there are grey and i can't choose them.

So what have i to do that i can use all code pages of a Font in Adobe FrameMaker? Can anyone please help me

System:

Windows 7

Adobe FrameMaker 2015

Aktiv Grotesk (Font)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

The use of codepage/overlay font mapping, using a legacy font might be unavoidable in some cases, typically where your main Body font doesn't populate the Unicode codepoints of interest.

When it's necessary for isolated characters, avoid using a local override, and avoid applying a Character Format per se. Create variables for the job. Here's a step-by-step.

For longer strings of such text, switch to or invest in a more fully populated Unicode font.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

FrameMaker 2015 (and FrameMaker 2017) are Unicode applications. That means you do not need to deal with code pages or select different fonts for different languages. As long as your font contains all necessary characters for all the specific languages you are editing, you can just use this one font for all these languages.

This Aktiv Grotesk Regular from Dalton Maag available on Adobe TypeKit covers the following languages:

• Arabic
  • Belarusian
  • Catalan
  • Czech
  • Danish
  • German
  • Greek
  • English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Hebrew
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Macedonian
  • Maltese
  • Dutch
  • Norwegian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Slovenian
  • Serbian
  • Swedish
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian
  • Vietnamese

But your specific Aktiv Grotesk might be a different one. As long as your Aktiv Grotesk covers Greek and Russian as well, there is no need to select a specific "Aktiv Grotesk Greek" or "Aktiv Grotesk Cyrillic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gentz

Thanks for your Feedback.

Ok, but why is it in the font tab "Aktiv Grotesk Greek" or "Aktiv Grotesk Cyrillic" gray and can not be chosen? Because I can not use the "special" characters of the font for Cyrillic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The use of codepage/overlay font mapping, using a legacy font might be unavoidable in some cases, typically where your main Body font doesn't populate the Unicode codepoints of interest.

When it's necessary for isolated characters, avoid using a local override, and avoid applying a Character Format per se. Create variables for the job. Here's a step-by-step.

For longer strings of such text, switch to or invest in a more fully populated Unicode font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines