Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding fields to a custom marker

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A typical marker window looks like this:

Can I create a custom marker with a window that would like more like the below? Please ignore the grid; this image is a mocked-up marker type done outside of Framemaker.

I'm using FM 12 by the way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably could be done using Extendscript or Framescript to create a custom solution. However, it wouldn't be a trivial exercise. If you're comfortable with scripting, you could try to do it yourself [help available in the FM Scripting Forum]. Otherwise, you could contact Rick Quatro (aka "frameexpert") at Carmen Publishing Inc.  for potential help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Arnis,

I've begun working on this. I'm a developer so coding is no issues. I've figured out how to build the form. I need a bit of help to figure out how to capture the user event when the user requests to create a marker of the specific type so that my form shows up and not the standard form, stuff like that. Nothing that the scripting guys should not be able to handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines