• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 9622 bug entered in January still not fixed

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered a bug for Framemaker 2020 back in January in Adobe's tracker tool (bug  9622). It had to do with the following conditional tags being added to the product by default:

FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight

FM_PDF_Comments_Underline

5 others also requested that the bug be fixed also. However, it is now May and it is still Open, not fixed. I have been waiting for this fix so i can upgrade Framemaker where i work to Framemaker 2020. We use conditional text heavily here and won't go to FM 2020 until this bug is fixed. How do we get Adobe to fix this bug?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to vote for your issue on the tracker, if you can help me (and Adobe) how these tags are impacting you and preventing you from upgrading to the newest version. They appear on my new documents as well, but I just ignore them, as I do the default Comment tag.

Apart from the fact that they exist, what's the workflow issue?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use conditional tags a lot in the manuals. Some have expressions. The expressions take into account the tags that have been configured. We don't want to change our expressions because 2 additional tags have been added that should be hidden. The tags mentioned cannot even be deleted like the Comment tag can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also forgot to mention, by automatically adding the Comment tag back in, we go back and remove that. That is annoying, but doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you need to change existing conditional expressions for the purpose of showing/hiding existing ones just because there are two additional ones that are "just there" but not applied to any of your content?

(Of course, if you would apply them to some content and then want to show/hide them along with content with additional conditions, you would want to include them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, these 2 should not be showing in the first place and they cannot be removed. This is bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two conditionals are required in FrameMaker 2020 for the new online review functionality and need to be there to make it work.

However, we will look into that and check if we can improve the user experience. Maybe we can hide them by default and only add them when required for the review. I'll discuss this with the product manager and development team 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated. We have a lot of conditional tags here and having 2 that are not used and making sure they stay that way will some day cause someone to make a mistake. One of the others that approved this bug mentioned they do translations and can't have any conditional tags when sending over their translations. What's is involved with all that, I don't know. We do not do translations here. 

thanks

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a strange comment regarding translation. I'm not aware of any CAT tool, that does NOT support conditionals in FrameMaker files. And I guess I know pretty much all which are on the market …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines