• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ExtendScript to find Acronyms

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me make a script to find Acronyms on framaker ? Please and thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any abbrevations, or just those that arguably can be pronounced?

And what do you need to do with them when found?

Or, based on your similar question in another thread, are you needing to find thing set-off by some punctuation (ABC)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think any abbrevations would be easy to start with and once they are found i want to replace them with the full word .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help would be appreciated ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a scripter (and haven't messed with regex in over a decade), but anyone who can help is apt to want to know what characterizes the content you need to find:
? short strings of all-caps set off by whitespace
? short strings inside some punctuation
? and now for something, completely different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be able to help as well. I'm guessing you've decided the scope of the project is beyond using the Find / Replace panel. First, I'll echo Bob's questions. Also, need to be clear on whether you are looking for acronyms or abbreviations or both.  If acronyms, then we need an idea of how simple or complex they are; e.g., simple ABC, or more complex like A4BC, A-Bcd, A/B, or kHz.  If they've been defined, how were they defined?  Finally, are you going to have a table of the replacement text that you would replace each acronym with?  As an aside, finding simple acronyms is relatively easy...the tough part is what you want to do once they're found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much ! Once they are found i wanted to replace them with the full name . Im looking for acronyms that are all captial letters.

Ex. (ABC)->Alphabet 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you are looking for simple acronyms in all capital letters and you want to replace them. However, I still need more information:

1. Where is the replacement text coming from; a separate document or you will enter it manually after each "find"?

2. How are currently finding and replacing the acronyms.  If using the Find/Change panel, can I assume you understand how to search manually using Wildcards & Regular Expressions?

3. Are you searching simple documents or books?

The reason I'm asking is that this all makes a difference how you write your script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Possibly the easiest would be to use an existing solution.

What about the Find Change Batch script from frameexpert?

http://www.frameexpert.com/store/index.html

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines