• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All responsive html 5 output to one single file?

Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my FM19 project I have one book file and 15 FM files, one for each chapter. Each one having a chapter title,  heading 1, heading 2 etc.

When I generate responsive html 5 output, I get the toc/search/etc to the left, and the main contents to the right, with one html page for each chapter. Is it possible to get all the chapters together in one single html page? (Just like the pdf file.)

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could if you didn't specify any headings to paginate (break up into separate topics) on. Never tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad. I need proper page-breaks in the pdf output.

Thank you for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were talking about all topics being dumped into one HTML5 file; nothing to do with PDFs (that would be a separate output format with it's own Settings file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I see what you mean. I'll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit lost now.

How do I make sure that I "didn't specify any headings to paginate (break up into separate topics) on"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the STS file. Open the Style Mapping tab and open the list of Paragraph Styles.

Click on the paragraph style which starts a new topic, e.g. heading1.

In the right area of the dialog there is the option Split into topics based on this style.

This option must be deactivated, so that the content is on the same HTML page.

Check all paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked every Paragraph Style, and none of them had "Split into topics" activated. I still get a new html page for each .FM file in my book (i.e. chapter).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New topics start also with every new file. Sorry. I forgot to add this information.

If you cannot change this, you might create a new master file and import all single files as text insets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, my mistake - I missed the "1 book & 15 .fm files" bit - yes, you would have to get all that content into a single .fm file with nothing paginated to achieve the single topic model you're shooting for (but why? I don't think anybody does their help like that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines