• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying table row properties via script

Advocate ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting some row properties and no matter what I have tried - they do not get applied.

I have the table row available in the oRow object. First I tried setting the row start position directly:

oRow.RowStart = Constants.FV_ROW_TOP_OF_COL;

If I call Table > Format > Row Format the dialog shows that the Top of Column setting is set. It is just not activated - the row remains where it is.

I tried to set the property via SetProps as follows:

var oaProps = oRow.GetProps( );
var i = GetPropIndex( oaProps, Constants.FP_RowStart );
var oProp = oaProps;
oProp.propVal.ival = Constants.FV_ROW_TOP_OF_COL;

var oaNewProps = new PropVals;
oaNewProps.push( oProp );
oRow.SetProps( oaNewProps );

Same result - the property is set (as showing in the Row Format dialog) but not activated. Does anyone know how to make this work ?

By the way, I first tried to use EDD rules to force the row to the top of the column via an attribute value - that does not work either.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Hi Jang,

There are some things that you do with tables programmatically that don't show up unless you update the document's hyphenation. I had to do this with my TableCleaner script and my earlier TableCleaner plugin. Try something like this:

doc.Rehyphenate ();

where doc is your Doc object.

-Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jang,

There are some things that you do with tables programmatically that don't show up unless you update the document's hyphenation. I had to do this with my TableCleaner script and my earlier TableCleaner plugin. Try something like this:

doc.Rehyphenate ();

where doc is your Doc object.

-Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, you rock !

I tried Save (which worked for another table change), Reformat, Redisplay. I had not seen Rehyphenate and I never would have thought of that.

Thanks. This will make my customer very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines