Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic unit conversion?

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is there a way, using unstructured FrameMaker, to set up some kind of Conditional Text that will convert one unit of measure to another?

For example, if I have 120 mg/dL in my document - can I set up logic that will convert the number to 2162.4? (I know I can change the unit itself using conditional text.)

I am looking for something I can set up once and use 125 or so times throughout our manual.

Ideally I would like be able to be able to do something like: when Conditional Text Units is switched to mmoL, everyplace a number denoted as mg/dL is found (these numbers would have to be marked as such somehow), display = (variable) * 18.02

Companies must deal with this a lot when publishing manuals in other countries.

Thanks in advance,

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of any auto method - you might tackle it through scripting I guess. Most places I suspect just build a string of values up & apply conditions to each one of them depending on where they are wanted to appear - that's the quick & dirty way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. I figured that was the answer but wanted to make sure before I put in all of those conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines