• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating an update for all structured tables after adding a header row and renaming the element in the EDD

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use structured tables in my documents for information boxes. Recently, I've changed their structure, adding a header row, renaming the element, and using a different format tag. When I change the element in a document, it does so, but doesn't add a header row automatically (though does in part implement the new format tag) -- is there some way to do a global update of all information boxes (so that they include the newly created header row)?

Also, just to note the new style information boxes (again which are implemented as structured tables) are different elements to the old style information boxes (to solve some naming consistency issues). I was (perhaps naively) hoping that changing the old element names to the new element names would implement the formatting tags associated with the new elements over the old elements (and insert the header row)...

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Hi ABJB,

EDD changes can't modify your content structure. Furthermore, EDD control over table styles is minimal.

Whenever I need to do structural maintenance like this, I use my FrameSLT plugin.

FrameSLT - West Street Consulting

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ABJB,

EDD changes can't modify your content structure. Furthermore, EDD control over table styles is minimal.

Whenever I need to do structural maintenance like this, I use my FrameSLT plugin.

FrameSLT - West Street Consulting

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Russ,

Thank you, I'll give FrameSLT a try.

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines