• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in Adobe FrameMaker cause problem with keyrefs. through inserting empty hrefs

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have defined a series of keydefs with related hrefs to images in a .ditamap file. My book map file references this ditamap. In my .dita topics I create <figure> elements, and inside them <image> elements.

Normally you use the href attribute to specify the location of the image file, but now I specify the key for the keydef attribute. This works great, FrameMaker even provides a pop-up menu with available keys for the keyref attribute in the dialog box for the image element.

But then the bug hits. After saving the topic, FM inserts an empty href=“” attribute in the <image> element. As a result of this all keyrefs and confers stop working in the whole document. It cannot be solved in FrameMaker, I have to open the topic in a text/xml editor to remove the empty href=“” attribute.

Has anyone encountered this bug too? Does anyone know a solution or workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

This has been fixed /improved in FM2020 update 3 .

• No more automatic empty href attribute in <image> element if you have specified keyref  .
  • We will remove empty href attribute when keyref is non-empty on saving file

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been fixed /improved in FM2020 update 3 .

• No more automatic empty href attribute in <image> element if you have specified keyref  .
  • We will remove empty href attribute when keyref is non-empty on saving file

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines