Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet Points Not Displaying Properly in HTML5

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

In Framemaker, I have bullet lists and indented bullet lists created utilizing an EDD. Within Framemaker they are displayed like this:

•     Bullet 1

•     Bullet 2

In HTML5, it is displayed like this:

•Bullet1

•Bullet2

Can someone provide me with guidance as how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Publishing , Responsive HTML5 , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking through my HTML5 code, it seems to be missing "FM_AutoNumber1" and is just displaying the text "•Bullet1".

Can anyone help me with Framemaker recognizing that my elements have autonumbering properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Unstructure FM, it's in the mappings you do in the Settings pod for the HTML5 output; with Structured, no idea - sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix how Framemaker was translating the autonumbering by overwriting the style utilizing the Paragraph Designer. It seemed redundant as my autonumbering was established within the EDD but at least it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is because the Publish command doesn't use any structure information from a Structured FrameMaker document. It simply uses the document's paragraph formats, etc. as if the document was unstructured. If you do "local" formatting in your EDD instead of calling template formats, you will have these issues.

When using structured FrameMaker, a better approach is to use XSLT to convert your FrameMaker content to HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines