• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets, Ordered Lists, and other Formatting Not in HTML Output

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have never produced an HTML file from Frame, I was wondering why Heading numbering, ordered list numbering, and bullets are not created in the HTML file.  Am I missing something or is that just what the HTML file conversion does?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you Publishing to HTML or doing old HTML save as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if Publish, check the Style Mapping for the settings (.sts) file.
The default, curiously, is apparently not:
◉ Convert to List (using CSS autonumbering)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't find the .sts radio butotn you are referring to.  I am using 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a File Save As from the File menu.  Going to try Publish Basic HTML now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's in the Publish > Settings > edit screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And exists in the /Style Mapping\ for both Basic HTML and Responsive HTML5.

It would need to be touched for each autonumbered Paragraph Format entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok set mapping for each tag and when I click to produce output, the progress indicator stops about half way and sits there for quite a long time.  Any known issues, or does it just take an hour to translate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no response after several minutes of processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All patched up? Got rights to wherever you told it to produce the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat.  It's not the output I was looking for because there are formatting issues, TOC aligns at almost the center and titles are cut off on the screen, some text and generated sections are missing, etc. I could attach the HTML files if you want to take a look.  Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the output did generate then? The appearance is governed by the CSS applied - but what are you using this HTML for? If you picked the Basic HTML output option, that's usally going to be imported into some other system for display in it; if you choose Responsive HTML5, you'd be ready to display it on a webserver (or LAN server) "out of the box".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I let is site for a long time (over night) and it finally created an output.  I honestly am not sure which one I chose (Basic HTML or HTML 5). However, you are saying that the outputs are different.  I suppose I would be using it for LAN, so I am guessing I didn't produce HTML 5.  Will give it another shot and see what I get.

Not sure why text would be missing though.  Not going to worry about the last output for now.  Want to see what I get with HTML 5, first.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines