• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call ExtendScript Script from FDK Client

Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but can a FrameMaker ExtendScript script be called from a FrameMaker API client? Is it possible to pass parameters to a script this way? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

You used to know how to do this with FrameScript... I figure it is about the same thing with the FDK using F_ApiCallClient()?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/how-can-i-run-extendscript-in-framescript/td-p/10494772?pa...

There were more extensive discussions about this on the old yahoo dev group, including the question about passing parameters. I think the short answer was no, you can't pass parameters. Your client would have to write some file with whatever data, then the script reads it. If I remember.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey what do you know? I guess I answered my own question. Thank you for the pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I am trying to call ExtandScript from FrameMaker API client. Based on thread information I tried to implement with following command

F_ApiCallClient("ScriptingSupport", "<path_to_sript>");
But it seems not to be working. Do you know if there is something I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

I found that this command is working. 

The reason of my fail was that I was forgetting to register .dll file in maker.ini, that is why could not see the result.

Thank you for information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines