• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change font

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cross-refs I'm trying to reformat in Framemaker 2015 from 12pt ariel to 10pt calibre. No problem with the change at first. But once I save and reopen, they always revert back to the original setting. No matter what I try it keeps doing the same thing. Why won't these changes stick? Thanks.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Just to be clear, you have defined a character tag that includes setting the font to Calibre and you use that character tag as part of the definition for the cross-reference format?

For example, I have a character tag named xref that I use in my cross-reference formats to change the color of the text from the default color to blue. Example:

<xref>Appendix\ <$chapnum>, <$paratext><Default ¶ Font>

Assuming you have used a character tag as part of the cross-reference format, the format should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, you have defined a character tag that includes setting the font to Calibre and you use that character tag as part of the definition for the cross-reference format?

For example, I have a character tag named xref that I use in my cross-reference formats to change the color of the text from the default color to blue. Example:

<xref>Appendix\ <$chapnum>, <$paratext><Default ¶ Font>

Assuming you have used a character tag as part of the cross-reference format, the format should survive updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apply the character tag with the new formatting to the cross-ref and it takes fine. However, after saving and reopening, the tag is no longer applied to the cross-ref. Character Tag is blank, Family - As Is; Size blank etc. It's as if I didn't do anything at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Definition: for the Cross-Reference format?

Chances are it contains some explicit or implicit Character Format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved it. I should have been applying the formatting to the exisitng "hyperlink" character tag instead of trying to create a new character tag. Once I did that the sun broke through the clouds once again. Thanks to all for suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of usual suspects includes, but may not be limited to:
. Paragraph format
. Character format applied at edit level
. Character format specified in Xref format
. local override at edit level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines