• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Download Framemaker from Adobe for Teams plan

Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Adobe for Teams subscriptions through my job. One is for CC, the other is for FrameMaker. 

This morning I decided to reinstall FrameMaker because it had suddenly stopped supporting copying subscript characters from the Character Map into FM documents, even though the font supports subscript characters. (This has happened with multiple fonts over the last few days.)

I log into my Adobe Account. There are two Adobe for Teams subscriptions there. I choose the Adobe for Teams that is my FrameMaker subscription. I click Download.

And I'm taken to the Download/Installation page for the CC apps!

Luckily for me, I still had an installation package for FM on my hard drive, so I was able to run it from there and then install updates, but that was very, very peculiar.

I obviously (and luckily) don't need help from Adobe Support given the length of time support takes these days, but I have no idea who to report this to or even how to check to see if others are having the same issue.

I've just asked the person who manages our company subscriptions to Adobe to check on this, but if it isn't because of a subscription problem then Adobe needs to look into it.

(Oh, yes, and reinstalling did fix the subscript issue.)

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John, but I'm not having an issue with Creative Cloud, though. I'm having an issue with FrameMaker, which is not part of CC. I should be able to download it from the Adobe for Teams page for that subscription, and it kept taking me to the Creative Cloud downloads site instead.

As I said, I had a slightly older installation package on my hard drive so I was able to install and update without using the Adobe site.

What I wanted to know was, why did I get taken to the CC download page? Is this a problem that affects everyone or just me?

If it's just me, I'm already talking to our IT support to ensure our subscription is up to date, because having FM stop working is not an option.

If it's everyone, then Adobe needs to do something about it, I just don't know who to tell.

And I see I've been moved to the FrameMaker forum, even though we were told that download issues are supposed to be in Get Started. Or is that only for CC? Makes me feel a bit unloved if that's the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd shoot the FM crew an e-mail [email removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked, as in they replied and said that yes, the link is broken and they're working to get it fixed.

Glad to know it wasn't a problem on my end, but yesterday could have been really screwed up if I hadn't still had a downloaded package on my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines