• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot activate FrameMaker 8

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a legitimate copy of FrameMaker 8. The license code is apparently registered to a former co-worker's personal address even though it's the company's copy, so Adobe Support will not give me the Authorization Code I need to register it.

Is there a workaround so I can activate FrameMaker 8? The company has batch files that are dependent upon this version of FrameMaker, which is why they cannot upgrade to the current version.

Thanks,

--Lynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

I had to chat twice with Adobe support. The first support person I spoke with was not helpful and sent me here. The second one gave me an alternate serial number to use that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd contact FM support by e-mailing them - tcssup@adobe.com. Explain the situation & provide as much proof as you can that your copy of FM8 is owned by the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an option, you could have the previous employee fill out the license transfer form.

Transfer an Adobe product license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, that is not possible. The previous employee was terminated, and the one who has the license under his name left the company (and the area) several years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to chat twice with Adobe support. The first support person I spoke with was not helpful and sent me here. The second one gave me an alternate serial number to use that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm happy to hear it worked out for you!!!

I'm curious to know what the first person thought you'd solve by going to a user-to-user forum!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines