• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Print to PDF or Distill PS in Windows 10 1709

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have posted this as a comment in the Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018 thread if it was not locked.

I am running Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.579.

Any attempt to create a PDF with “Convert CMYK Colors to RGB” selected, results in PostScript error: “Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: findfont; Stack: /Font (Courier) /courier” Clearing the “Convert CMYK Colors to RGB” check box results in a PDF, but with unacceptable color shifts (described as “very washed out” by posters in the other thread).

I cannot install the fix released by Microsoft on July 24—KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191—because my company restricts updates via WSUS. I tried downloading and installing the standalone package but got: “The update is not applicable to your computer.” Not surprising because I’m not on Windows 10 version 1803. Because I can’t install the update that fixes the problem, I’m hoping I can uninstall the update that introduced the problem.

My question: Does anyone know which Windows 10 version 1709 update might have introduced the problem? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread might help - Re: FrameMaker 2015 crashing on one file  - but since all your updates are controlled by your IT people, I suspect you're SOL trying to roll a particular version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, thank you for the link to the other thread. Unfortunately, the last poster didn't follow up by posting the KB of the offending update. But, like you said, I probably wouldn't have been able to roll back anyway.

I'm trying to get my corporate IT to allow me to update to 1803 so I can install the fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines