• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot save framemaker to disk

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything was going great saving about every 20 minutes to prevent data loss, and i am geting this error. if i cant find a quick solution i will have to exit the program and load from the last save, which i really dont want to do. Any solutions for this?!cant write to file.png

TOPICS
Error , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tryed to save to different disks and change the format, no luck.. i will be loosing an hour of work if i cant find a quick solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a temp file name that FM assigns as it goes - where is that "F:\" drive located and where is your FM installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F: is a samsung portable ssd drive, i am not saving to the C: drive and backup files to the ssd at the end of the day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i meant i am now saving to the C:/ drive, i started saving to a portable samsung ssd drive because i was having slow running issues using the C:/ Drive . This is the first timei have encountered the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not 100% clear as to where your FM installation is located & where the project's files are being stored. If your installation is on c:\program files\ and the project is on F:\, you should be able to work fine. Have you tried saving to another location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i was not very clear, fm installation is located on the c drive. i have been saving to a portable ssd drive F. I am now saving the files on the C drive. I assume when the saving to a different drive that framemaker is not installed this can cause issues>?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save to whatever location you choose. You are merely creating a fm file. Doesn't matter where FrameMaker is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt think it would matter, i get better saving results when saving to the F:/ (ssd) hard-drive over the hard drive direct wired to the pc (C:/). for now although saving takes considerable longer on these 2-3gb files i have resorted back to saving to the C drive. Thank you for the information, very much apprichiated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you either open a new instance of FrameMaker and new document and copy paste the content from the active file into a new one, or create a new doc in the open instance of FrameMaker and copy paste the content of the active file into new file there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe support told me when this error occurs there is no way to recover, i did exactly that. i luckily didnt write as much as i thought. my serice manuals contains alot of pictures and cad models. i copired and pasted the text. i was having a hard time geting the images to copy so i just redid that. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines