• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot start FrameMaker 2017 version 14.0.2.425 after installing Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1709 (build 16299.19)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I installed Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1709 (build 16299.19).

When I started FrameMaker, the program hangs when it is loading Fonts.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markj40191265,

I had a startup problem many years ago that was due to corrupt data in the users/appdata area. The kind of thing that a reinstall would not fix. I don't know if this is the exact same problem, but it might be worth a try, and perhaps it might give you some additional ideas to try.

Urgent problem - FM crashes on startup

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an update!

I uninstalled the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update and FrameMaker 2017 works normally!

So it looks like FrameMaker itself does not work with Windows 10 Fall Creator Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to MS (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4043961/windows-10-update-kb4043961 ) the 1709 build has a known issue with the "Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications that use JavaScript and asm.js may stop working after installing KB4043961." and their solution is to "Uninstall the application. Once this is complete, reinstall it. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information!

I did uninstall FrameMaker and reinstall but it does not startup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we're waiting on Microsoft to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be a problem of UWP apps. UWP was introduced in Windows 10. FM is not an UWP app.

See: Universal Windows Platform - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since rolling it back seems to have solved the OP's issue, there must be something in that Win10 1709 build that FM2017 doesn't like. I'm just in the process of upgrading a test machine to see if it behaves after 1709 is installed. It's already got FM2017 patch 2 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, If everything goes well with your upgrade, I will try once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nuts, the upgrade to 1709 keeps erroring out - no test of that coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, was able to get my test machine updated to 1709 16299.125 build & FM2017 patch 2 starts up fine. Just applying patch 3 to it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to Windows 10 1709 as well. And both FM 2015 and 2017 start and work just fine. So, maybe it's related to something else on your machine? Like e.g. the virus scanner also updated on the same day and decided to not like FrameMaker anymore?

I'll ping the support team to this discussion and ask them to get into contact with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Would like to let you guys know what caused our crashing. We found out that after Win10 1709 the company took in use OneDrive Files on Demand and that caused FrameMaker to crash constantly, also after we found that we have found that there have been similar issues with illustrator, photoshop etc. After untapping the OneDriver Files on Demand setting and letting the computer sync for a moment, Framemaker started working normally again.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines