Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the settings for publishing a book with fm components in PDF

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it possible to change the settings file for publishing PDF from a .book file which was saved from ditamap with fm components?

What I tried to do was

- Create a ditamap

- Save as book with fm components

- Try to publish PDF files with different backgrounds (Normal, Confidential watermark, Draft watermark......) Main idea to have exactly same file with different stamps. For the process (write-check-approve) it would be the best.

I know how to add watermarks with Acrobat but I thought it could be done with these settings files in FrameMaker. From help.adobe.com I noticed that PDF is not mentioned in Multi-Channel publishing under Structured authoring using DITA.

I'm asking just to make sure that it really isn't possible.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer regarding the settings file, but you could use a variable to update the watermark text easily:

On the template master page create the watermark based on a variable field.

Store a variables.fm file in the folder with the book.

Select all the files within the book then use file > import formats to import the variables from variables.fm

I use this method and it lets me update version numbers, release dates etc pretty easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines