• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chapter Output Template Losing Variables?

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM2017 / Win 7 / DITA 1.2

Setting up output templates for a DITA application.

Decided that I'd like to include the chapter title in my running header so that it would read "Chapter 1: Chapter Title"

So in my chapter output template, I edited one of the running header variables to accommodate. I believe it was Running H/F 5, which is already <$paratext[paratag]> and I filled in my chapter title style, which is head.0.

So basically, what I'm hoping to get is Chapter <$chapnum>: Running H/F 5 (<$paratext[head.0]>) (obviously, with the correct values in place of the building blocks).

I test with some content, it works in the template, I remove the content and save the template. For good measure, I made sure that I also updated the variable in the other templates I use for book building (Title, TOC, Index).

But now, when I output my map (book with FM components), what I get is Chapter <$chapnum>: with nothing further. I check the variable, and it has reverted to <$paratext[paratag]> without the specified paratag.

Why doesn't the variable definition stay with my template? I don't want to have to manually update it every time I output a book.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same kind of problem. Hopefully my comments brings this question up and someone finds this.

I tried to modify the H/F 6 to display the revision number of the file (For example, concept, attribute rev). I made the modification to ChapterOutputTpl.fm and modified the definition to be <$attribute[rev]>. I added the H/F 6 to the Header.

When I save my ditamap as book with FM components, there wasn't anything in the header. I checked the master page for one of the created .fm-files and I can see the Running H/F 6 in the header but now the definition is the original <$paratext[paratag]>

Any idea why this happens? If I open ChapterOutputTpl.fm-file I can see that my modification still exists.

Br,

Pekka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines