• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Palette?

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need to create a custom bullet in FrameMaker. I have version 15.0.4.751. Looking at several online instructions (such as this one), I'm seeing that I need to go to File > Utilities > Character Palette. I don't have this option in my version of FrameMaker. I went to the FM help, but the latest instructions there also refer to this option. Here is what I have.

11.21.2019-13.58

Before posting this, I realized that the character palette may not be what I need. I specifically would like to use a .png file that I've created as the custom bullet. (Even more specifically - a "danger" icon that is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside of it.) If someone can send me a resource on that, or if it can even be done as a bullet, I would appreciate it -- I can't seem to find it and am probably using the wrong search terms. Thanks!

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

It's under the Insert menu now.

Insert > Character > Character Palette

ETA: Ah, I didn't see the paragraph under your screen shot. So, the above is how you use the Character Palette, but using a custom graphic image as a bullet isn't possible, AFAIK.

Are you actually making a bulleted list? Because it sounds to me like you're really making a Caution notice, and for those I usually use a two-column, single-row table with the icon in the left column and the text in the right. 

Or you could

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under the Insert menu now.

Insert > Character > Character Palette

ETA: Ah, I didn't see the paragraph under your screen shot. So, the above is how you use the Character Palette, but using a custom graphic image as a bullet isn't possible, AFAIK.

Are you actually making a bulleted list? Because it sounds to me like you're really making a Caution notice, and for those I usually use a two-column, single-row table with the icon in the left column and the text in the right. 

Or you could create a Run-in Heading that uses Frame Above or Frame Below to insert the graphic from your reference page and have your caution text set with a left indent that will keep it from running around the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Once again, I knew it had to be something simple! I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines