Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy/import FM workspace to new (2019) release

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I found a few posts in this forum that explain how to get an old custom workspace into a new version of FM by copying the .cfws file from C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\[versionNumber]\WorkSpaces for the previsou version into the corresponding folder for the new version. 

But it's not working for me. I copied the cfws file from ...14\Workspaces\UnStructured\WYSIWYGView to ...15\Workspaces\UnStructured (There was no WYSIWYGView folder), but the workspace doesn't show up in FM 2019. Can anyone give me tips on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Ooops! I just figured it out . . . I moved on to other things after I posted this and discovered in my Preferences that I was in Structured mode (didn't know that was the default). I switched to  Unstructured and then was able to get the Workspace I wanted. 

(PS I would have just deleted my question but couldn't figure out how? Is it not posible?)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops! I just figured it out . . . I moved on to other things after I posted this and discovered in my Preferences that I was in Structured mode (didn't know that was the default). I switched to  Unstructured and then was able to get the Workspace I wanted. 

(PS I would have just deleted my question but couldn't figure out how? Is it not posible?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's caught me a time or two, also. 

And no, it's not possible to delete posts, although you can edit them to remove their content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines