Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create an Insertion Point on Reference Page

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I have a question. How do I insert an insertion point on the reference page? I am attaching the error as well as where I am attempting to place the insertion point. I need it to be place after the colon after the word "Note". Please see the Guided Discussion example where the insertion point and end paragraph are showing. This is what I am trying to achieve.

Thank you,

Edrice Angry

TOPICS
Error , Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edrice:

Is the word "Note:" editable text in a text frame, or is it an image of the word in a graphic frame? We can't tell from just a screen shot. If you can't click inside, I'm guessing it is an image. You could a.) start over and make sure it is text or b.) copy the frame from the second screen shot, paste it and change the words "Guided Instruction:" to "Note:".

I'm happy to look at the file if you are comfortable sharing it. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

The "Note:" is editable text. I can click inside next to it but it does not have a pilcrow when I ask it show text symbols.

I will try to copy and past the words into the refernce frame and see if carries over. 

Thank you so much for your help. I will let you know if that helps.

Thanks,

Edrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edrice:

I will try to copy and past the words into the refernce frame and see if carries over. 

Copy/paste the other frame and then update the text.

But here's my next guess—the text was typed over a frame using the Text Line tool and not into into a text frame. You won't see pilcrows on a text line. Here's how to test my theory—click on the word "Note:" and assign a Paragraph style, like Title. If it ignores you, it's a text line. Text lines are odd little creatures—they don't word wrap, they don't accept paragraph-level formatting. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb,

Ohhh!!! Thank you for that! I will try that in the morning when I get back in the office.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Edrice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines