Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropmarks issue in FrameMaker 2020

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

i have a problem when i print cropmarked PDF it came out with most of  Registration marks but not the cropmarks (the lines), it appears when i print through "Publish" or "Save as PDF", but the thing is these methods makes my file corrpted (fonts and colors,....), so the only way i have is through "Print" and choose "Western" and fix the page size so the cropmaks would appears like the image below:

Cropmarks.jpg

is there any solution for this issue? 

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohamed,

which FrameMaker version are you using? They work well for me with FM2015, but I've noticed major problems with print/crop marks since FM2019, mainly with CMYK output. They still work as usual with RGB output (Distiller), although "RGB" and "Print Marks" are contradictory terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Be.eM

i am working on FrameMaker 2020, i 've tried 2015 and 2017 and it's fine but in 2020 got this result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In addition, what happens, when you activate the option "Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF creation" in the Publish settings?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Winfried

when i active this option an error came up, the PDF won't come out, when i don't active it the PDF do come out but with some issues as i mentioned (some bullets are missing and the italic return to regular) so unfortunately, the "Publish" method is not an option for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines