• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSHelp_Hook changes from FM12 to FM2019?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I publish responsive HTML5 online help for my company's software. When I started using FrameMaker, it was with FM12 which handled hooks and filenames very well. When we upgraded to FM2019, I cannot follow the same steps and get the same results. We need a constant file name for each page (*.htm) file in the responsive help. In FM12, the CSHelp_Hook allowed us to specify a constant name for the page's filename in the help. In FM2019, it ignores the hook and always uses the section header as the filename. This is okay for our English version but we send out for translations. When the file is translated, it tries to use section header, which is now not English, instead of using the untranslated file name that we need it to use. Any idea of what might be going wrong and how to fix this?

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but from what i understand the issue is around the file naming. Does topic name pattern in Style Mapping -> General Settings help? If not, please share more details on the specific issue so we can look into it.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, what should the settings on that page? The only thing I was instructed to ensure to have checked was "merge topic styles into single CSS". Should I check "split into Topics using Marker"? If so, what do I enter for marker type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, brief update, in FrameMaker 2012, we did split topics using the CSHelp_Hook marker; however, FrameMaker 2019 ignores the CSHelp_Hook and writes out the file names based on the value in the "Topic Name Pattern" field which used to be left as "Default" but that value now gives us different output. I will try all four of the options to see if any of them work for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another brief update: changing the Topic Name Pattern to any of the available options did not fix our issue. Additional support needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DM Amitoj, e-mail him or send an e-mail to the FM folks at tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kindly email me at amisingh@adobe.com so we can connect and work on debugging this further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines