• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize Table of Contents

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my first book in FrameMaker and I am looking to customize my TOC a little bit. I figured out how to add in the dotted line between section name and page number but now I am hoping to create seperators between chapters (Modules for labeling purposes) so that as items appear in the TOC they Appear in this format:

Module 1 "Title of Module"....................1-3
Section 1.1 "Title of Section" .................1-5
SubSection 1.1.1 "Title of Subsection"...1-6
Module 2 "Title of Module"....................2-20
Section 2.1 "Title of Section"..................2-21
SubSection 2.1.1 "Title of SubSection"..2-24

This would continue through all Chapters/Modules of the book. TOC_Example.png

TOC_Ref.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming what you mean is that you want to add the heading numbering to the TOC, you need to change the layout on the TOC reference page (View > Reference Page, then find the one that says the Flow is TOC) from this:

toc-no paranum.jpg

to this:

toc-paranum.jpg

You just type the "<$paranum>: " in and save. You get back to your text view by clicking View > Body

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that and instead of updating the TOC it adds in the "updated" info above what is already there that I made changes to attempting to get the desired laout 1.0 "Tilte of Chapter".... 1 as descibed above. 

The other thing I noticed that conflicts research I have done is that this Table is not labled on the reference pages to suggest that it has anything to do with the TOC and I am not sure if that is why I am having issues. 

TOC_Update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines