• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different formatting of the same XML file when saving from different views

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to FM2019 and started exploring the possibilities of using XML as a source format. As a basic test I created a simple standard DITA Topic XML file, but how come FM formats the same XML file differently when saving it from different views? When saving it from the XML view, the resulting XML file gets a nice readable formatting with separated tags and indentation, but when saving it from the author or WYSIWYG views the rows in the file are compressed in some random way (based on row length?). Obviously, the more readable format is preferrable, for example when doing a "diff" in any file versioning tool, but at least I would have expected FM to use consistent formatting of the XML file. Hopefully I'm missing something simple here.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll follow this thread with interest, as I may be taking another look at FM for DITA soon.

Anecdotally, and if I've read you correctly, I can mention that my usual DITA environment behaves much the same way: no problem with the WYSIWYG view, but as soon as I change to Code view the lines are ruthlessly chopped up. Sometimes, to make it even odder, it will show an end tag and the next start tag on the same line. I'm assuming this is a quirk of the text editor component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines