• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DITA TOC error's, omissions of topics and pathing problems?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I've recently been prepping Framemaker for a move over to DITA and HTML5 at my company. 

I've recently experienced the following issue when outputting HTML5 using a Ditamap. 

Basically, when I generate the output, the HTML5 table of contents removes topics from the Ditamap. 

Some background, i've recently installed JRE to fix a previous error, I wonder if this has anything to do with it? 

In addition it also displays the following error " :c It may have been moved, edited, or deleted"... and then my output displays some Arabic text near the header. 

I dont know if this is related or not, but I'm a little bit confused. 

Please see the attached examples. 

One of the DITA Map and another of the output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ammendment: 

When I say "Removes topics from the Ditamap" I mean it doesn't include all the topics from the Ditamap in the output**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lewis5FED,

I can understand your issue  and have few points 

• Do you think this is Toc linking issue or a particular topic is not generated?
  • Further, FM post-process the standard DITA-OT output, Just to bottom down the cause of issue, I want you to try generating DITA -OT output by going to Structure-->DITA--> Generate DITA-OT output.

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal

FM &FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines