• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Line in Footer

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come across this once before and fixed it, but now I have forgotten the cause or how to fix it.  I have a double line in the footer of my Body Pages, but it doesn't show up in the Master Pages.  Image attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Rick Quatro and I found where the additional line was coming from, and it was barely visible when selected in  Master Pages.  I drew a box around the footer (in Master Pages) and the extra line with the Selection tool and noted that the footer had its own box but the line was almost invisible because it was so close to the footer box boundary line.  We noted that the selection (frame) boxes displayed for the footer boundary and two for the line that we couldn't see once selected.

The solution was

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Control+Click on the extra line on the body page to select it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be in the Footnote paragraph tag/style, under the Advanced tab, with the Frame Above Pgf. setting. 

Or someone could have edited the Footnote frame on the References pages.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that too.  Went to master pages, advanced, and the setting Above Pgf is set to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the document? I think the forum will let you drop .fm files now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as Footnote frame in Reference pages, I don't find the double line in any other section except this one and it is Footer Right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the entire manual or just the book and IOM?  The IOM is the only section I have this issue with.  I have something in the Reference page that might be suspect in the IOM section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the document that is showing the double line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go. I remove the original lines and the one left is the one I cannot remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't let me attach .fm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick Quatro and I found where the additional line was coming from, and it was barely visible when selected in  Master Pages.  I drew a box around the footer (in Master Pages) and the extra line with the Selection tool and noted that the footer had its own box but the line was almost invisible because it was so close to the footer box boundary line.  We noted that the selection (frame) boxes displayed for the footer boundary and two for the line that we couldn't see once selected.

The solution was to select the entire footer area and outside that footer areas, but not inside text area.  I was able to see the line boundary boxes and selected the line to delete it.

Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines