• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminate Options Menu Selection in Microsoft HTML Help

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to generate a Microsoft HTML Help file (.chm) from FrameMaker that does not include the Options top menu selection?

hitch66_0-1595277528500.png

Thanks, Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly doubtful - that's antique MS technology there...you might try editing in HTML Workshop after generating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I know—I'm a contractor stuck with what the client wants. It's weird because .chm files generated with RoboHelp do not have that option. I'll see what I can do with HTML Workshop. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Because FM uses the RH Classic engine under the hood to create output like that. Maybe there is something you can tinker with in the settings (I've never created CHMs, so I'm no help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Advanced Button in the Settings. It seems you can edit the UI settings there. Maybe one of the options in that Tab will make the required change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline. I checked that already. There are no options for editing the top menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems there might be a way to do it in the chm files, which is of course not what you want; but I can't check it before mentioning it. We use WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines