Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding HTML File in FM9 PDF

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanted to know how can I embed an HTML file as an object in Framemaker 9. I was able to upload an object but while generating the final PDF, the object isn't showing up. Also the link is not working. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I split your message out into its own thread - it didn't have anything to do with the one you replied on.

I think all you can do is create a hyperlink to the file's location - whether that survives the PDF-creation process still working is unknown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking to display an HTML page as a "live" region within your PDF page?

I don't know of a way to do that exactly.

However, in FrameMaker 2020 (not Fm 9, the 2009 release) if you convert the HTML page to a PDF that does what you need, you could place a screeshot of the resource and embed the PDF in the Fm file.

See the video I did for embedding/attaching PDF in Fm 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4EBRlCsjw

In Fm 9, your best option is to use the Go to URL command in Special > Hyperlink (earlier Fm versions) or Insert>Hypertext (later Fm versions) to direct your users to the HTML page you're looking to embed.

Let us know if either of these options gets you what you need.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending two screenshots to explain what is actually happening with FM9. 

One screenshot is taken when I embed the object in FM 9 file and the other one is taken when I try to generate the PDF from FM file. I wanted to know what are the settings that can be done to activate the object in PDF as if we are getting an option to embed in FM9 then it should also work in PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The object is not clickable in PDF. I wanted to open the file in the application that supports the file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OLE (object linking & embedding) has really gone out of style due to security concerns, so I don't think you'd be able to make it work in a PDF - have you a copy of Acrobat Pro to try and edit the resulting PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have but the thing is the attachments are more than 200. It won't be a feasible solution to attach the file in PDF every time we publish it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines