Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty Dialog box when opening FrameMaker after fresh install

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just installed FrameMaker on a new Windows 11 Computer.

When I launch the application, I see it open and a blank/empty dialogue box opens as well.

I am unable to do anything within the application, while this box is present.

If I close the box by clicking X in the top right (the only element present), the entire application closes.

As the dialogue box has no title, I have no idea what the application wants from me. Please see the enclosed screenshot.

Please advise.

Best regards

Colin

TOPICS
Error , Getting started , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few things here - what version of FM? Is it all patched up? Was it installed with Admin rights? Does it have an Internet connection?

And finally, I don't think any version of FM has been declared "ready" for Win11, so you're in uncharted territory. You may have to contact the FM folks themselves to assist you on this one. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for coming back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately, I

1) am a new user to FM (trialing it right now)

2) don't have a Win 10 PC

I've simply downloaded the application from Adobe today and installed it. This Installation of FrameMaker 2020 is called out in the setup as Version 16.0.3.

I'm not aware of any further patches that I need to install.

The machine definitely has an internet connection and I did install with Admin Rights.

I'll try the other support avenues, thank you!

Best regards

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue here. Fresh install of 16.0.3 on windows 10. Empty pop-up that blocks interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all ,

This is licencing dialog  and asks for signing in to Adobe for checking licence, This dialog shouldn't be empty .

Kindly  contact Support , They  are expert and will be able to assist you quickly .
Link : https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker

Thanks 
Pulkit Nagpal

FM | FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, chat is with a robot: it asks about everything but the trouble you asked for.

As often it happens robot are uselless.

As my trial version will expire in few days it easier to give it up.

Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't chat - use the e-mail address in here - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just adding a plea that if a workaround is located, please let us know. I have a student in the same situation: new laptop with Win 11 and Fm 2020. She was able to uninstall/reinstall and get it to work, but when we restarted the software after a preferences edit, she was back in the same boat. She did another uninstall/reinstall and was able to get it running again. She did not close the application again and made it through the class but this is not a sustainable workflow. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue is resolved now - please check try it out.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to everyone.

Regards

Sameek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolved how?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines