• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extracting the DIB section from a MIF file

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are extracting information from FM 2017 technical documents into the MIF format for processing in other systems. The documents have many embedded graphics that were copied into FM not referenced.. These come out in the MIF as a DIB section which has been encoded as unsigned bytes with hex ect.

Does anyone know how I can re-hydrate this MIF DIB section into the real image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is producing a PDF from the Fm files, then placing the (cropped?) PDF untenable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was actually a thought. However we are already processing the MIF files for other data, so it would be a simple matter to extract the DIB section from the MIF file using that code. I However I have no idea how that section was encoded so I can not un-encode it. I was hoping someone knew. If not I will have to pursue the PDF route. FYI I also have looked at saving the FM file as HTML, thus getting the graphics that way, but the HTML save is way too slow as these are large FM files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines